Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sharna55

sharna55

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 22 May 2006 - 09:31 AM

:thumbsup: I just dropped in to say Hello to All.

I am hoping to find someone who'll be able to help me with my comp. problem.
At the moment l have 2 major one's,(Make that 3 if u include ME!)

Firstly, Can anyone tell me why my window (2000) 'SEARCH' does not respond on most files l want to open it freeze's.
It will send a message to say"not responding" but at the same time l can open it up and it will work fine for a few moments,then goes haywire on me????

Next question -
Is there anyway l can get rid of Nortons anti virus prog,l have deleted every thing l can possibly find on it, except the 'symantec file which want allow me to delete...something about a protected file????

Thankyou from
sharna

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 PM

Posted 22 May 2006 - 09:50 AM

Welcome to BC!

Even though the introduction forum is not the place for posting questions, this pinned topic may help you remove Norton completely:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34671/how-to-remove-your-norton-products/

If you still have problems removing Norton, then create a separate post in the AntiVirus, Firewall and Privacy Products and Protection Methodsforum where members with more experience in Norton can provide additional help.

Your question about Search is somewhat confusing. Does the search function itself work, and it is only when you click on a file that it finds that it freezes in the actual launching of the file? Does the "not responding" message applies to the seach function or to the file opening, and can you describe exactly what "goes haywire" means? Does this happen to every kind of file type, or just one. Maybe telling us in a step by step way, for example, of what you do and then what happens with each step, would help us understand the problem. A good place to post about this problem would be in the Windows NT/2000/2003 forum.

I am sure that our members can help you with both of these problems.

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Darthy

Darthy

The red side of the Force

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 PM

Posted 22 May 2006 - 12:27 PM

Hi and :thumbsup: to BC sharna55.
Regards,

Darthy
Εν οίδα οτι ουδέν οίδα - Socrates