Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

blue screen on restart/shutdown

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Falko1212

Falko1212

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 04 May 2014 - 12:24 AM

Hi!

I have been having a issue with my computer getting a BSOD when i try to restart/shutdown. The only time I get the blue screen on restart/shutdown is after the computer has been sleeping. I can wake the computer up from sleep fine and use it but as soon as I try to restart it after it has been hibernating I get the blue screen. If i don't let the computer sleep I can restart/shutdown with no problem. 

I have attached the .dmp files to this post and hope that someone can shed some light on my situation. 

Thanks!

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 04 May 2014 - 01:09 AM

Hi

The issue you are experiencing seems to be caused by mausbop.sys which i think is the driver file for M-Audio MiDi device. The driver seems to be very old.

Image name: mausbop.sys
 Timestamp:        Fri Mar 20 02:55:50 2009 (49C2B85E)

Which M-Audio device you are using ? ( M Audio Fast Track Pro ? ). 

#3 Falko1212

Falko1212
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 04 May 2014 - 01:22 AM

Thanks so much for looking into it for me! 

Im using the m-audio profire 610 sound card, and I also have a m-audio axiom pro 49 usb midi keyboard on my computer. Im not sure if you are able to tell which device driver is causing the problem. I recently updated the drivers for the keyboard and the audio interface because I just got done building a new computer and put everything on fresh. 

If you have any advice for me please let me know, And thank you once again for looking into it for me!

#4 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 04 May 2014 - 02:31 AM

Hi

The one connected to the USB is causing issues. If i understand correctly, "Profire 610" uses Firewire interface and  "Axiom Pro" uses USB. So obliviously we should update the driver for "Axiom Pro 49" first.

1. Disconnect the device from USB and uninstall the current driver completely and reboot the machine.

2. Reconnect the device but make sure to use a "USB 2.0" port ( if your system came with both USB 2 and 3 ports ).

3. Download and install diver released on 03/04/11 from the below link.

http://m-audio.com/index.php?do=support&tab=driver&serie_ID=3&PID=bc5558dd60b48c151bdb90da842b2204&OS=x107#tabs

If the BSOD continues ( i hope to not ) , please upload the latest crash dumps with next reply. Also disconnect the "Axiom Pro" from the system and check whether the BSOD stops without it. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users