Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Linux installation problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 saiviru

saiviru

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 AM

Posted 04 May 2014 - 12:21 AM

I'm running on a windows 8.1 64bit OS. I want to dual boot along with ubuntu 12.04 or 13.10. 

I have bootable flash drive with ubuntu 13.10, when I connect it to my system and reboot it and in the BIOS I selected USB as first boot priority, then it goes directly into ubuntu setup without any keystroke request.

And then there I have a installation problem I cant create a separate partition for my ubuntu OS for dual boot.

can anyone help me in this installation

any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 PM

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:06 PM

I'm running on a windows 8.1 64bit OS. I want to dual boot along with ubuntu 12.04 or 13.10.

Use 12.04 or 14.04 as they are LTS ( Long Term Support)

I have bootable flash drive with ubuntu 13.10, when I connect it to my system and reboot it and in the BIOS I selected USB as first boot priority, then it goes directly into ubuntu setup without any keystroke request.

Yes You pc is treating the USB as the only bootable drive, Same as when you boot from CD or DVD.

And then there I have a installation problem I cant create a separate partition for my ubuntu OS for dual boot.

http://youtu.be/LokDqte3sA4

May I suggest that you install Linux to a USB HDD or you can install it to USB stick. If you are not sure on how to make a partition be extra carefull.

Gparted.

http://gparted.org/download.php

And  2rcvbjd.jpg

Edited by NickAu1, 04 May 2014 - 09:43 PM.

Arch Linux .

Come join the fun, chat to Bleeping computer members and staff in real time on Discord.

The BleepingComputer Official Discord Chat Server!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users