Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Repair

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 1GolfJones

1GolfJones

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:57 PM

Please, can anyone give me a time estimate for a completed windows repair from tweaking.com. I started the processes this morning thinking it wouldn't take me more than a a few hours and now after several I'm beginning to worry. I have an important online game scheduled for later this evening & now I'm thinking I may have bitten off more than I can chew. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

1GolfJones

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,239 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:08 PM

If you checked everthing on the Windows All-in-one repair it will take some time to complete but see this Tips page.

Especially Important Info on Reset Registry Permissions & Reset File Permissions

I can't say what will happen if the repairs are stopped.

#3 Willy22

Willy22

• Members
  • 945 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:40 AM

- Windows Repair should be finished in ~ 30 to 40 minutes (depending on what your system specifications are). If it would take more time then note at what repair the program stalled, abort the program and restart it, start with the first repair AFTER where the program stalled.

- Then re-run the entire program. Perhaps then the program will run smoothly without stalling.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users