Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant View The Whole Window!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 corpusluteum

corpusluteum

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 22 May 2006 - 08:41 AM

[font=Arial]

Hi there, i have recently encountered a problem whilst running a program, I will paste some images below to show the exact problem. Basically when i enter a kind of set up screen all of the tabs are visable, but when a tab is selected the newly opened window is cropped to a larger size than the actual window. The Program will only run is a non full screen mode.

So this means that there are quite a few options (which i need to get to to use the prog) which just arent visable. Im pretty sure this issue only occurs wityh this program - havent noticed it with any other.

I hope that some one can help me on this issue, many thanks for your time..

Tom Moxon

P.s. Not quite sure is the image will post ok, so if a pic is required to fully understand the issue, please advise on how to post a pic from the hard drive.

Edited by corpusluteum, 22 May 2006 - 09:05 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 22 May 2006 - 09:28 AM

If you wish to post a picture of your screen (known as a screen shot), there is a key in the top right portion marked Print Screen SysRq. You can find instructions with this link.

Once you have the image in a file that you can access, like my pictures, you will need to open an account with a web site which will allow you to host your pictures from there, I'm currently using Photobucket which can be found with this link.

Just follow the instruction, they're pretty easy, if you have problems let us know. After you have figured this out post a screen shot of your problem...a picture being worth a thousand word.

Edited by dc3, 22 May 2006 - 09:32 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 corpusluteum

corpusluteum
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2006 - 09:44 AM

excellent thanks very much for ur tips on posting a picture, photobucket is perfect for the job, so here is a screen shot of the issue i have, as you say it will make the prob very clear.

Posted Image

thanks again, i look forward to any advice you may have.

N.B. I am a relatively advanced user so detailed advice on basic things shouldn't be neccessary, should save everyone a bit of time..cheers Tom

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2006 - 09:55 AM

Try changing the screen resolution.

It seems that whoever wrote the code for this ap may have been a little buzzed as they forgot to allow you to maximize the screen or put in scroll bars which would have allowed you to access the complete screens.

#5 corpusluteum

corpusluteum
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2006 - 10:00 AM

Thanks for your reply i have tried various different resolutions, but this doesnt see to have any effect on it, the whole thing just gets bigger or smaller.

I just remembered that i have my computer partitioned and i installed it onto my other operating system (same harddrive) running exactly the same XP. The program ran perfectly and i didnt have this problem. My brother and his friend have used this program without this problem.

I thought maybe it could be an option that im not aware of causeing this issue.

Thanks again for ur advice..

Tom

Edited by corpusluteum, 22 May 2006 - 10:08 AM.

#6 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2006 - 10:43 AM

If you know it can run properly but doesn't in your computer try uninstalling it, rebooting and then reinstalling it.

#7 corpusluteum

corpusluteum
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2006 - 11:04 AM

Hi, cheers again for the reply....haha i have tried all the basic things like that, it works on my other partition fine, its just this partition, that why i thought it maybe a setting somewhere or something similar. The thing is i never actually boot up my computer on the other partition, i literally use it to store stuff on, whilst booting from this drive. The other drive doesnt have my network/wireless internet setup and and stuff, that why i hoped to get it running on this partition. The program is a real time program.

Cheers Tom

#8 pascor22234

pascor22234

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 22 May 2006 - 01:33 PM

I have had similar problems when I changed the Windows default fonts to larger ones. They can be changed by right-clicking on a blank spot on your Desktop and clicking Properties > Appearance tab > Advanced. Click areas in the upper portion of the window to select the item with text and select the desired font below.

#9 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2006 - 08:47 PM

Have you tried running it while it's in the other partition?

Open Windows Explorer - find the program on your second partition. Click on it in the left pane to display the contents of the folder in the right pane.
Find the exe and double click on it.

The program should open being run with your main op system.

If it works, which it should, (I do it all the time as I have most of my non Windows aps installed on a second partition), you can right click on the executable and make a shortcut which you can then drag to your desktop to use to open it regularly.

Let us know if that resolves the problem.

Edited by Enthusiast, 22 May 2006 - 08:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users