Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor not getting input signal

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 armymancorey

armymancorey

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 03 May 2014 - 04:14 PM

I have an HP envy h-8 1534, Specs are here:

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/kb/docDisplay/?spf_p.tpst=kbDocDisplay&spf_p.prp_kbDocDisplay=wsrp-navigationalState%3DdocId%253Demr_na-c03639067-7%257CdocLocale%253D%257CcalledBy%253D&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken

I push the power button, power light comes on, fans turn on, monitor stays in standy mode. If I plug the monitor in after I turn it on the monitor comes on for a second (with a blank screen) then says no input signal. I've tried multiple monitors / cables. All monitors / cables work with other computers. The computer does not have integrated graphics. I've bought a new graphics card (EVGA GTX 750ti), because I was sure that was the problem, it has the same problem.

The computer was working fine one morning, tried to use it later that day and had this problem.
Any help would be much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 AM

Posted 03 May 2014 - 04:26 PM

What happens if you try to start in Safe Mode?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 armymancorey

armymancorey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2014 - 04:47 PM

Tried it in safe mode, but I'm getting the same results.

#4 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:43 PM

Power Supply is no name in this configuration.Is there sounds?

#5 armymancorey

armymancorey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:17 PM

No sounds, other than the various fans.
As for the PSU, I don't know what brand it is (or If it even has one), but I do know it's a 460W.

#6 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:28 PM

So the monitor is working,the videocard is new and working,the cable is upright but there is no screen.There is no power or CPU is the problem.

Try to clean your CMOS battery which is attached with your motherboard; this is just like a watch battery and after you clean it out by rubbing it a little bit put it back in. Then clean your RAM by pulling it out and also dust off your CPU.

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 AM

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:14 AM

I did a quick search for information about the front panel LED display but couldn't find anything.  But I suspect that this desktop is like others and has a LED display which indicate hdd activity.  Are you seeing any sign of hdd activity?  If this computer is successfully going through the POST there should be sounds indicating activity with the printer or scanner.  See if you can open the optical drive.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#8 armymancorey

armymancorey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:33 AM

Well, I removed/cleaned the CMOS battery, reseated the video card and ram, and now it works perfectly. I'm guessing one of these got knocked loose.
Thanks for the help guys, I was  on the verge of just buying a new desktop alltogether.

#9 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:39 AM

No problems for nothing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users