Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Taskbar changed color

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 debodun

debodun

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 AM

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:29 PM

Yesterday I went into msconfig startup and disabled Quick Time and Apple Push. When I rebooted, the taskbar color had changed from light blue to purple and when I click on the systray, there is now a thick border around the icon menu. When I also noticed other appearance changes, e.g. the startup menu had the light blue border, now it has a light green (see attachments). What could have cause the change? Is there a way to get back to the former appearance without enabling what I disabled?

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,023 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 PM

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:52 PM

Right click on the middle of your desktop and choose Personalize.

When the Personalization opens you will see Color as one of the options, if you click on this you will see different colors you can use for desktop's surrounded area.  Click on the color you want, then click on Save changes.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 debodun

debodun
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 AM

Posted 03 May 2014 - 02:02 PM

Did that, but it just isn't the same since yesterday. Also, when I open any programs, before they would just appear on the monitor. Now they seem to open from the center of teh screen and enlarge outward.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,023 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 PM

Posted 03 May 2014 - 02:10 PM

Try doing a system restore.  Choose a restore point prior to the change.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users