Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mic Input Problem

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Divineforge

Divineforge

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 22 May 2006 - 07:47 AM

I have a mother Intel D945PLrn series.

It has built in sound card, which is a high definition sound card. But the mic recording quality is very bad, scratchy the sound and poor quality, very low

I have tried getting help from Intel but many suggested method doesn't work;

Update driver and BIOS - doesn't solve the problem
Audio properties setting - I have followed the manual instruction, exactly. It doesn't work

Its normal output basically is normal, although it is called HD sound but it sounds like normal to my headphone. however, it just has recording problem, as mentioned above.

Please help on this. I just bought the motherboard not longer, I assume the motherboard is not damage, anyone using HD sound card also having the same problem of using mic? please give ur comments thx..

.......................................................... In the middle of problem...........zzz

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 22 May 2006 - 08:01 AM

Hmmm...what kind of mic are you using? Part of the problem might be if you're using a mic that's not noise cancelling. Noise cancelling will "block" (or not record) some of the lower ambient sounds around you. The static that you're hearing might actually be the fan(s) on your computer. Seems unrealistic, but yes, it could be it.

Also, make sure that you're using a mic that is plugged in directly to your motherboard, and not one that's plugged into a USB port. A USB mic will use digital drivers to run it that is different than those of your motherboard.

Also, a cheap mic will cause this problem, too :thumbsup:

Hope this helps!
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#3 Divineforge

Divineforge
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2006 - 05:49 AM

My mic is connected to the "rear pink jack"

The headphone is AVF (branded) headphone...

I'm suspecting Intel MOtherboard manufacturing problem..... or ? because I've seen one with the same series of motherboard have the same problem... How could it be?

The setting, all done correctly... until now, almost a month... contacting intel still couldn't found a solution to it.... wonder... wonder should i change to other motherboard??

#4 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 PM

Posted 01 June 2006 - 06:04 AM

because I've seen one with the same series of motherboard have the same problem... How could it be?

Like stevealmighty said, a cheap mic will cause this. Or a defective mic. It is not likely a defect in the mobo. At least that is not the first thing to check. Change the mic to a KNOWN good mic and try again.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#5 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2006 - 08:32 AM

Try changing the battery in the mic - even if its new.
If the problem persists, try another mic.

Do you have a "sound effect" icon on your taskbar? If so, click on it and see if there are controls you can adjust.

If you do not have one there make sure you installed all the software that came with your motherboard.

According to Intel Support for the D945PLrn you should have software named Intel Audio Studio included. Is it installed?
Have you used it to set the controls for your mic?
If you do not have it, you can download it as well as the updated audio driver here:
http://support.intel.com/design/motherbd/software/ias/

Go through all the audio devices and their troubleshooters in your device manager - update drivers where applicable.

Edited by Enthusiast, 01 June 2006 - 08:42 AM.

#6 Divineforge

Divineforge
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2006 - 11:38 PM

I've tested with many mic... all the mic function extremely well in other pc, elsewhere, this pc not, especially pc with "Intel D945Plrn Motherboard"

Intel Audio Studio..... All the software, all installed... BIOS... driver ... all updated...
go through all things...

The mic works but.... sound is very scratchy, captured voice is very poor, the mic input volume is very low.. although i put it to maximum....

I have contacted Intel..... after giving so many "methods" eventually doesn't completely solve the problem.
Now haven't gotten a reply from Intel since the last mail.

Thanks for all the suggestion so far... If anyone does use "Intel D945Plrn Motherboard series" please help me check the mic input... let me noe. post here. Or if u have any friends use this series of motherboard please pass this info.. thanks

Now I have found 1 person using the same Intel D945Plrn Motherboard have the same problem. Including me will be 2 person having the same problem with the same motherboard

#7 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 PM

Posted 08 June 2006 - 07:11 AM

Perhaps this motherboard just doesn't do a good job in this area. Perhaps you should invest in a good sound card as this would solve the issue, assuming that the issue is with the motherboard.

For what it's worth I found this information on the Intel site:

http://support.intel.com/support/motherboa...-020642.htm#mic

If you are experiencing problems when recording audio from a microphone plugged into the rear microphone port:

1. Update to the latest audio driver for your desktop board from Intel's Download Center.

2. Ensure you've selected the rear panel microphone jack as the default record device:

a. Click Start > Control Panel > Sound and Audio Devices.
b. Go to the Audio tab.
c. Set the Sound Recording Default Device to Realtek HD Audio rear input.
d. Click OK.

Download center: http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df...port_Intel.aspx
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#8 Divineforge

Divineforge
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2006 - 11:02 AM

Actually I have seen that..... it is no longer no setting problem,

Now I change a motherboard, from D945Plrn to D945GNTL both are having sigmatel audio as default driver, .... however, the mic input sound really noisy..... too much noise than proper captured voice.

I'm thinking to disable on board sound card, to use the old model external c-media sound card. Because high definition audio...... I'm really really dismay with the mic input problem.... it just can't be solved. I have tried many many mic..... it still the same...

Newayz.... another problem I found on my pc, the sound hardware test, it ends up with error 0x8000405 dvp.exe is not installed... etc... I have checked up ... search intensively... on this... but to no vails. Some said change registry.....tweaking... zzz i've tried... but there is one "alternative method" which is to open the task manager at the same time, close the "additional dvp.exe" that was running before the error occurs...

I'm disappointed with these...... anyone use Intel Motherboard which High Definition Audio? Mic input? Please give me a guide. Help me..... help me on these.. :thumbsup:

#9 scar

scar

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2006 - 03:05 AM

Hi

Facing same problem with Intel D945GNTL. The MIC input quality is very bad evethough output is vey good.
Not able to record anything..
It is using SigmaTel Audio driver, can anyone help me how to solve this problem.
Iam using on Windows 2000 o/s.

Rgds

#10 Divineforge

Divineforge
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2006 - 08:59 AM

looks like u also facing the problem...... well, actually i got Intel Company's call, saying that many people are reporting this issue.... what can we do? there is a solution, invest on another good quality sound card, dun use the Intel motherboard onboard sound card... meanwhile...... do keep BUGGING intel to give us a SOLUTION!!! :thumbsup: i'm a victim too...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users