Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cryptolocker had attacked my Acer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dibbee

dibbee

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 AM

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:10 PM

I have a Windows 7 Acer that is 4 years old. Never had a problem before but today Cryptolocker attacked my machine and I can't seem to get my antivirus to turn on. I did use my malwarebytes anti malware but I need your help badly. It says it has encrypted my files and this is true in some cases but not all. Please help soon.

Edited by hamluis, 03 May 2014 - 11:53 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 PM

Posted 03 May 2014 - 04:32 AM

Hello and sorry for your problems -

Grinler (aka Lawrence Abrams), the site owner of BleepingComputer, has also created this tutorial:
CryptoLocker Ransomware Information Guide and FAQ

There is a lengthy ongoing discussion in this topic: Cryptolocker Hijack program.

Since this infection is so widespread, rather than have everyone start individual topics, it would be best (and more manageable for staff) if you posted any questions or comments in that thread.
Also see this topic at Malwarebytes Forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users