Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Do I?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 theslayer

theslayer

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 PM

Posted 22 May 2006 - 05:29 AM

help i need to know how to transfer from cd to comp, if i put a cd in my drive then edit and select all ,send to lets say an mp 3 player or another file it send them as shortcuts.then i cannot send them to where i want to because they wont work,
i have a cracking cd a buddy in an up and coming band did for me and i want to put it on comp so i can bluetooth it to my phone as a ring tone, or even just have it stored on my comp, im running xp,
im lost, its probably totally simple but i cant seem to work it out .

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 PM

Posted 22 May 2006 - 07:17 AM

You need a program that will rip cds. Ripping is the process of copying the songs off of a cd and onto your computer. There are several ripping programs that are free. Most you must pay for. The free ones usually come bundled with other software that you may not want. Google can be your friend in this situation, in terms of finding a ripping program for you.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 WereBo

WereBo

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 22 May 2006 - 07:24 AM

Allo Slayer :thumbsup:
To copy the files from your CD to your PC's hard drive, repeat what you've tried, but when dragging the files across to the folder, hold down the CTRL ky at the same time :flowers: ...

Drag+CTRL will copy files, drag+Shift will move the files (copy to the new folder then delete the old files)...

Simple really :trumpet: ...

Posted Image

Humus hic parumper venatus of militis

#4 pascor22234

pascor22234

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2006 - 12:22 PM

A truly excellent free audio ripping tool is AudioGrabber. Its purpose is to rip audio tracks from an audio cd and optionally convert them to MP3 audio file format. You will not need to convert them, I think, and will just leave them in the WAV audio file format. Do you know what to do with the ripped WAV files after that ?

Edited by pascor22234, 22 May 2006 - 12:26 PM.

#5 theslayer

theslayer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 PM

Posted 22 May 2006 - 03:24 PM

yes i have a file converter that wasnt the prob it was how do i get them there lol, many thanks for your help youve been wicked , i felt like the typical dumb blonde

#6 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2006 - 10:55 PM

Open the CD folder by going to My Computer from the Start Button, select all the files, copy them. Move to the folder you wish to put them in (or make one on your C: drive), then paste them.

Tips:

Select all files by going to the folder they are in and then pressing the key combination ctrl+a.

Copy the files that are highlighted by pressing the key combination ctrl+c.

You can open two instances of Windows Explorer at one time, size them so that you can see both of them, click on one of them before you copy, click on the other before you paste. Open Windows Explorer with the key combination Windows key + e.

Paste the files by pressing the key combination ctrl+v.

#7 WereBo

WereBo

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 24 May 2006 - 05:52 AM

i felt like the typical dumb blonde

I always feel like a dumb blonde, but there's never one around when I want one... :thumbsup:

:flowers:

:trumpet: .....

Posted Image

Humus hic parumper venatus of militis

#8 Pippincp

Pippincp

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 24 May 2006 - 08:03 PM

Open the CD folder by going to My Computer from the Start Button, select all the files, copy them. Move to the folder you wish to put them in (or make one on your C: drive), then paste them.

Tips:

Select all files by going to the folder they are in and then pressing the key combination ctrl+a.

Copy the files that are highlighted by pressing the key combination ctrl+c.

You can open two instances of Windows Explorer at one time, size them so that you can see both of them, click on one of them before you copy, click on the other before you paste. Open Windows Explorer with the key combination Windows key + e.

Paste the files by pressing the key combination ctrl+v.

Wow! Complcated or not! Download WM10 tell it to rip cd's when inserted. Problem solved (even saved as mp3's if you want)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users