Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

motherboard virus, rescue discs aren't working.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 anonymousjerkbag

anonymousjerkbag

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:45 AM

Greetings all, I've been trying to fix my computer for a month. Unfortunately it hasn't been going great, at first I thought it was the port, that wasn't the case, then I figured it was the ssd, but upon receiving a new one, I was not able to download websites 8 to my ssd.

Instead a blank drive takes forever to load, gets to one percent copied, and stops. Subsequent attempts are much faster, but the drive will sometimes show up, or won't. This leads me to believe the virus downloads itself to new drives before it will let any Windows programs run. I only managed to get hiren's boot disc running, but the mini Windows portion doesn't have any anti virus programs on it, and I can't get external drives to show up via the port on the front.

Kaspersky anti-virus will not work as I don't have a non usb keyboard to use, and bitdefender is giving me graphical glitches upon start and won't update. The images seem to be inverted in color, and I think my graphics card might be broken.

The only thing I got to work is parted magic, which is fine to delete the data from the drive, but freezes the first time trying to do it. It may still be infected.

The only thing I can think of doing is blanking the drive using parted magic then using a flash drive with ny bios to flash my bios. Don't even know if that'll work as I have dual bios with no physical switcher.

Can't use my friends computer anymore, as I gave him a virus trying to get the iso files for the boot disk.

The ssd is a adata 128gig ssd
The mother board is a megabyte
There's also a terabyte drive I want to disinfect without killing

And the initial problem was a "select proper boot device"

Any help would be appreciated, especially how to make a usb bios flasher. I don't even know where to get the bios fit my board.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 anonymousjerkbag

anonymousjerkbag
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:45 PM

This in the right place? I have no idea, do much is going on in this thing.

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 AM

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:17 PM

Hello -

This is a bit above the normal Am I Infected topic, so I can post 2 options for you -

Option 1 for known infected systems -

Please follow the instructions in this Preparation Guide starting at Step #6.
NOTE - If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue. A Windows 8.1 or non-operating system will not create the requested logs, so ignore that bit and describe your problem...

Once the proper DDS logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it to =>
Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs area -

They can use other tools to find the problems that I can not use in this area.

If HelpBot replies, please follow its Step #1 and the team will be notified.

Tell me when you post the new topic so we can close this one and only let the Experts fix your problem.

Option 2 would be to try and sort out your Hardware install problems first -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/7/internal-hardware/ <=Hardware area.

#4 anonymousjerkbag

anonymousjerkbag
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2014 - 09:40 PM

Thanks man, posted this there now. I have it at a friend's place for repairs, but I think there's no way to fix the mother board. Hopefully I can scrub the viruses from my main drive.

#5 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 AM

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:29 PM

As you have posted a new topic here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/533114/mother-board-virus-backs-itself-up/

I will lock this one to avoid confusion.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users