Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

COMPTIA A Plus and networking

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 shogun697

shogun697

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 AM

Posted 02 May 2014 - 04:43 AM

I know must people on this site know a lot about computers but my advice is for people starting out.I lost my job and got a deal in a collage for half price I paid 1000euros instead of 2000 euros to do CompTIA A+.It was a 7 day course before i started i was lucky enough to get onto a CompTIA A plus and networking course goverment course for six months.I just passed my CompTIA a plus course which he spent ten weeks on. im now going onto my network part.My point is there is no way, unless you have a very good understanding of computers before hand you will pass the CompTiA A plus course in 7 days.The two exams you have to take the rate you need to pass the first exam is 75% and the second 78%.Also i last bit of advice if your looking for a couple of weeks training in your local pc tech shop when you pass in your CV at the end of it copy and paste what the CompTIA A+ is about and whats in of it because i tried loads of shops and they have no idea what it is.I would be interested in feedback on what others think am i right are wrong.Thank(by the way i never got my 1000 euros back)

Edit: Moved topic from Tutorials to the more appropriate forum.~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,324 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 AM

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:19 AM

Any of the fast paced courses, sometimes called boot camps, may get you through the exam, but that is all they will do.  I had an instructor who used boot camps to get his certifications (back in the early days) and his worst fear after he got a job was that someone would ask him a question.  Later he gained the experience and found out that what he learned for the certifications didn't always apply.

I'm not a fan of certifications and I have many.  Certifications are like college, they will get you an interview, but not necessarily the job.

Those of us in the field have met and worked with many people who have certifications but are next to worthless in the field.  The term paper MCSE used to be used to describe people with the Microsoft Certification who were unable to do the job in which they were certified.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users