Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

tasklist.exe - Bad Image

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 raja554932

raja554932

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 02 May 2014 - 02:52 AM

Hi,
I have a problem , I installed tunngle while ago , and all problem started ,
Now when I checked , I click the "My computer " property ,it shows rundll32 .exe error 

Again I was installing the CS go game then I saw the error

Screen_Hunter_01_May_02_11_34.gif

Please help

Thank

Edited by hamluis, 02 May 2014 - 11:58 AM.
Moved from XP to Computer Gaming, reversed - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 raja554932

raja554932
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2014 - 09:22 AM

No one replied :/

Please reply

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 03 May 2014 - 10:12 AM

Bad image errors...are, IMO, files that cannot be read by Windows, for whatever reason.

If the image is from something which you are trying to install...I'd say that you should check the source of the attempted install.

If you Google for this particular file mentioned...you will see all sorts of untrustworthy (IMO) attempted fixes offered.  I would try none of them.

Louis

#4 raja554932

raja554932
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:10 PM

The files (dll) I downloaded

api-ms-win-core-console-l1-1-0.dll

api-ms-win-core-debug-l1-1-0.dll

I was installing tunngle , it said about missing dll , I downloaded and problem happened 

Now when ever I check property "MY computer" property , It shows the error

When I typed the tasklist in cmd , it shows the error

Please help.

Thanks

Edited by raja554932, 03 May 2014 - 01:12 PM.

#5 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 7,018 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 AM

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:33 PM

I've been trying to find a suitable solution for both of those files, but MS is only showing those for supported OS's on the site.

Like Louis has stated, it's not good to download files from unknown sources, even if the site is well known. Because many of these sites (even the known ones) are hosting 3rd party downloads.

Have you tried or considered System Restore? If it doesn't fix the issue, it can be reversed in most cases. Provided it's done right away & no files are delected (such as with Disk Cleanup or CCleaner). That's the best advice I can offer at this time.

Cat

Performing full disc images weekly and keeping important data off of the 'C' drive as generated can be the best defence against Malware/Ransomware attacks, as well as a wide range of other issues. 

#6 raja554932

raja554932
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:21 AM

Well , window restore is not working,

thank anway.

Edited by raja554932, 07 May 2014 - 12:22 AM.

#7 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 7,018 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 AM

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:36 AM

You could try booting & pressing "F8" while doing so, this brings up the menu where one can access Safe Mode.

Instead, select "Last Known Good Configuration" & press Enter. It's a longshot, but it does help some users.

If you have your XP install CD, my last suggestion w/out having to format/reinstall apps, would be to do a Repair Install. This preserves installed apps/data, but the computer would have to be updated.

Cat

Performing full disc images weekly and keeping important data off of the 'C' drive as generated can be the best defence against Malware/Ransomware attacks, as well as a wide range of other issues. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users