Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wave volume keeps turning down by itself every minute or so.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 E.rummel

E.rummel

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 AM

Posted 02 May 2014 - 02:41 AM

The Wave volume keeps muting itself every minute or so. It's been happening for the past few days. I'm not sure when it exactly started. I tried a system restor but all the restore points were gone besides the one from the day before, so i restored it back to that day anyways and nothing changed. I have tried unplugging the interent connection and running antivirus programs in Safe mode without networking as well disabled safe mode before doing it so the virus cant reintroduce itself to the system through system restore. I've Ran Maleware Bytes, SuperAntiSpyware, and AVG 12 after doing this. Also lately I've been noticing a lot of windows updates that are prompted for updating. I've also used TddsKiller and HitmanPro while in normal Windows mode. I seen in another topid very similar to this one they said to d/l OTC and run that which I did(still to no prevail). I've also noticed when I run the Antivirus/Antimalware programs they are taking very long to run in safe mode. SAS took 7 hours, Malware Bytes took 5 hours, and AVG even took longer. I'm not sure what else to do. I use my computer for work and school and need the sound for many things, It's not only a distraction but it's putting a damper and time crunch on my work and school because of this problem. I would be very appreciative if someone would be willing to help fix this problem. I'm not what you would call a computer genius but I do know my way around a computer. I usually am able to fix it myself but this time has proven not to be as easy.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:36 AM

I highly recommend starting a malware removal topic.

The guide on how to do so is here

Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users