Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wifi gets disconnected

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Prathamesh

Prathamesh

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 PM

Posted 02 May 2014 - 02:37 AM

I have a 1. Year old HP pavilion g6 laptop with AMD APU. since, about a month back, my wifi has been showing problems. The laptop would randomly, at times, disconnect from the wifi and show no wifi networks. Sometimes it would reconnect automatically and at other times it won't. I'd have to either restart or reset the network adapter to get connected again. Also, if I change some router settings like SSID or channel it's broadcasting on or the wifi type (b/g/n) it gets reconnected

I know it is not a problem with my router as I havE other devices on the network and they work fine. I have tried updating and reinstalling all drivers, updated bios, changed the power management settings. I also read that in some network card the Bluetooth causes problems so I even disabled Bluetooth via device manager but still the problem occurs. It doesn't occur frequently but maybe once every 5-6hrs.(no fixed interval, sometimes it happens just after switching on)

Edited by Prathamesh, 02 May 2014 - 02:39 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Darktune

Darktune

Very Purple

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 02 May 2014 - 04:28 PM

Hey Prathamesh

You could try restoring your PC to a point in time where you pc did not do this using system restore and see if this solves your problem.

Thanks

Darktune

It's very hard to imagine all the crazy things that things really are like. 

Electrons act like waves.. no they don't exactly, they act like particles.. no they don't exactly.

Words and ideas can change the world.

#3 gettingthere

gettingthere

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 AM

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:00 PM

has it been moved or dropped, jarred or something like that? if it has the wireless card could just be loose, just a thought

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,470 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 AM

Posted 03 May 2014 - 12:39 PM

Try the troubleshooting suggestions under Slow or dropped wireless connections at HP support.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users