Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD Need Help (DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL)

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Ro_Laren

Ro_Laren

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 AM

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:19 PM

I have an HP dv4 1540-us laptop.  My computer keeps crashing (i.e. I’m constantly getting the blue screen of death). 

The BSOD said:

•  DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
  • Technical Information:
    • ***STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x 0000000000000000, 0x 0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0x FFFFF88006077FB5
    • ***NETw5s64.sys- Address FFFFF88006077FB5 base at FFFFF88006064000,Datestamp 4ba1b871

I got the following info from a Windows pop-up once my computer restarted:

• BCCode: d1
  • BCP1: 0000000000000000
  • BCP2: 0000000000000002
  • BCP3: 0000000000000000
  • BCP4: FFFFF88006077FB5

Control Panel – All Control Panel Items – Action Center said that I have a problem with my Intel graphics driver and that it has stopped working 12 times.  I updated this driver yesterday. 

Just for fun, I ran a full virus scan (first Norton, then Microsoft Security Essentials, then Malawarebytes) and keep getting a clean bill of health from them.  I also ran the “error checking” prompt on my computer, but didn’t see anything.  I also deleted all cookies and temporary internet files.

I went to my minidump file so that I could zip the files and upload them so you could look at them.  When I tried to zip them, I got the following message: “Compressed (zipped) folders error. File not found or no read permissions.”  I then tried to open a file and got a message that windows couldn’t open the file and that I should select a program so that it could try to open it.  If you could advise me how to upload minidump files and then help me with my BSOD error then I would really appreciate it!

Edited by Ro_Laren, 01 May 2014 - 09:20 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 PM

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:20 AM

Hi

Without the actual crash dump files it is not possible to find the actual root cause. However considering that NETw5s64.sys is the driver file for Intel wireless adapter, we should start with updating that.

First download and save the latest driver ( win 7 x64 ) from the below link.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/confirm.aspx?httpDown=http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23491/eng/Wireless_16.7.0_Ds64.exe&lang=eng&Dwnldid=23491&OSFullname=Windows+7+(64-bit)*

Then disconnect WiFi connection and uninstall current WiFi driver. Generally you will find one or more "Intel PROSET" items in "Control Panel --> Programs". Make sure to uninstall all of them and reboot. Now install the latest driver downloaded earlier.

Edited by Anshad Edavana, 02 May 2014 - 03:17 AM.

#3 czarboom

czarboom

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 AM

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:45 AM

to add on what anshad stated, you should get them from the source.  Meaning either Intel, or your computers manufacture to be safe.  Might want to make a backup or restore point before you install them just to be sure.  Never hurts to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

good luck

CZARBOOM 

"Never Stop Asking Questions, Question Your Environment, Question Your Government, above all Question Yourself.  We all lose when you Stop asking Why?

#4 Ro_Laren

Ro_Laren
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:28 PM

I figured out how to get permission to open my minidump folders & was able to zip them for you to review!!!!  Here ya go:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tpx6ih6n9k3z9il/Ro_Laren%20Minidump.zip

Thanks so much for your help!!!!!!!!!!!

#5 Kirbyofdeath

Kirbyofdeath

• Members
  • 459 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:47 PM

OVERLAPPED_MODULE: Address regions for 'EX64' and 'ENG64.SYS' overlap

Other than that, NETw5s64.sys is your problem.

#6 Ro_Laren

Ro_Laren
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:33 PM

Hi

Without the actual crash dump files it is not possible to find the actual root cause. However considering that NETw5s64.sys is the driver file for Intel wireless adapter, we should start with updating that.

First download and save the latest driver ( win 7 x64 ) from the below link.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/confirm.aspx?httpDown=http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23491/eng/Wireless_16.7.0_Ds64.exe&lang=eng&Dwnldid=23491&OSFullname=Windows+7+(64-bit)*

Then disconnect WiFi connection and uninstall current WiFi driver. Generally you will find one or more "Intel PROSET" items in "Control Panel --> Programs". Make sure to uninstall all of them and reboot. Now install the latest driver downloaded earlier.

Do you still want me to do this after looking at my minidump files?  If so, I already downloaded the latest driver that you wanted me to.  I wanted to uninstall my old Intel Proset Driver, but after looking under my Programs in Control Panel I saw that the only item installed by Intel was called "Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver."  I have about 107 programs on my computer and took screen captures of the Control Panel Program section.  I pasted the 5 screen captures onto a PDF file and you can view them here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/46wrqquemp2n7rf/Ro%20Laren%27s%20Computer%20Programs.pdf

Your continued guidance would be much appreciated!!  :thumbup2:

#7 griff210

griff210

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:49 PM

Are you using AVG FREE that seems to be considered an issue as well reading forums. One person removed it and put Microsoft Security Essentials and was good after that with the same bsod.

#8 Ro_Laren

Ro_Laren
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2014 - 04:39 PM

Are you using AVG FREE that seems to be considered an issue as well reading forums. One person removed it and put Microsoft Security Essentials and was good after that with the same bsod.

I don't have AVG FREE, but just uninstalled Microsoft Security Essentials from my computer!  :thumbup2:

#9 griff210

griff210

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:28 PM

Well good luck hope that resolves your issues.

#10 Ro_Laren

Ro_Laren
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:33 PM

Well good luck hope that resolves your issues.

Thanks. 

I'd still love to hear from someone about the Intel Driver that I'm supposed to uninstall.  I'm also not sure what Kirby meant when he posted:

OVERLAPPED_MODULE: Address regions for 'EX64' and 'ENG64.SYS' overlap

#11 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 PM

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:45 PM

I'd still love to hear from someone about the Intel Driver that I'm supposed to uninstall

Hi

Since "Intel PROSET" is not listed for uninstall, please try the below steps.

1. Open Device Manger and right click on the "Intel Wireless" device and choose "Uninstall" ( make sure to disconnect WiFi first ). While uninstalling, make sure to choose the "Delete Driver" option like in the below example and reboot the machine.

200921711042392.jpg

2. Now install the latest driver downloaded earlier.

3. There is a second kind of BSOD unrelated to the first one - Video TDR Error. To fix that, please uninstall "Intel Graphics Media Accelerator" from "Control Panel" and reboot the machine. Then download and install the OEM version of the Video driver supplied by HP particularly for your model from the below link.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45501-46000/sp45590.exe

If the BSOD continues, please upload the latest crash dump files with next reply. 

Edited by Anshad Edavana, 03 May 2014 - 12:49 AM.

#12 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,499 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 AM

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:02 AM

Upgrade the nic driver cause it accessed memory that it shoudln't have apparenlty.

#13 czarboom

czarboom

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2014 - 02:16 AM

to pile on, the Intel and Nvidia and card in a lot of Windows 7 device throw BSOD.  I have a dang 6K alienware that would throw a BSOD each week.  Driver needed to be updated.  Now its dope.

good luck on that.

CZARBOOM 

"Never Stop Asking Questions, Question Your Environment, Question Your Government, above all Question Yourself.  We all lose when you Stop asking Why?

#14 Ro_Laren

Ro_Laren
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2014 - 02:44 PM

I just wanted to confirm that the highlighted device in shown in the screen capture of my device manager below is the Intel Wireless device that you want me to uninstall (I don't want to accidently delete the wrong thing!!):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jnq4iecmoqpmmjf/Device%20Manager%20Screen%20Capture.jpg

I didn't see a category that was called "Intel Wireless," so I went to Device Manager - Network Adapter - Intel ® WiFi Link 1000 BGN.  Is that the correct device to uninstall???  Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#15 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,499 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 AM

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:51 PM

Yep that's the wifi the other one is for the cat5 wired nic card.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users