Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

need help! amd catalyst issue on windows7

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 mrj77

mrj77

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 AM

Posted 01 May 2014 - 08:37 PM

Hello!

I have an amd hd 4650 graphic card, i used it with the catalyst 13.12 till now but keep asked me to update it to an older one 13.9. I installed the 13.9 version, but while i was playing several games was getting black screen and driver crashed and recovered message. I uninstalled the 13.9 also due this and installed back the 13.12 , but the amd engine vision control center not appearing properly.T
There are just 3 options:pinned, presets and power. No menu to change my screen colour setting or videos setting. I did clean install at every reinstalls even deleted manually some obsolete files What can be the issue?

Help!!! I even did a windows clean install and still the same after i reinstalled everything!

Regards,
Jules

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 czarboom

czarboom

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 02 May 2014 - 02:45 AM

Wow, I would of said to use your system restore point.  Jules, can you do me a favor install and run Speecy for me.  This will give me a look at your system hardware.

To do this follow the guide below

NOTE:  If you have any questions or do not understand something please ask before you click.  It can take up to 24 hrs. for me to get back to you, and as things change on your end please update this post so all will know.

Thank you to DC3 for the guide:

Grab Speccy you can download it here. (this is made by the same company that make CCleaner, and will give a total printout of your machines current state.)

Save to desktop and install using defaults

Click on File , and then click on Publish Snapshot. (Click YES in the Popup box)

In the next window, Click Copy To Clipboard

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

I will check back soon to see what you have going on.

thank you

czarboom

CZARBOOM 

"Never Stop Asking Questions, Question Your Environment, Question Your Government, above all Question Yourself.  We all lose when you Stop asking Why?

#3 mrj77

mrj77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:31 AM

Hello!

Thank you for your  answer!

About system restore  i don t think it will work  as i made  a win7  reinstall yesterday and  formatted the  win partition with the installer  fast format  utility.

Here is the speecy  link:

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/YLpEYK5LbHUdPK3dtwpUL14

What about if i try to install win8 on pc?

ps the amd  catalyst not running  up at windows startup  as it did, justif i open it manually..also even if i remove catalyst  with express uninstall.. the driver  itselfs still  remains  and the  gpu is working.

Thanks  in advance!

Jules

Edited by mrj77, 02 May 2014 - 08:33 AM.

#4 mrj77

mrj77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2014 - 09:49 AM

ok..  here is some  updates on  it,.. i figured that catalyst when install itself  installing  everything but not the driver..

i went  in device manager.. removed the device  and device driver  from there and  begun the catalyst install  again...it installed only  engine control center, hdmi  driver  and app  sdk  and  install manager and  the driver was  installed  by windows  separately  as    device driver  microsoft corporation  wddm 1.1

Edited by mrj77, 02 May 2014 - 11:27 AM.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,397 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 PM

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:18 AM

For what it's worth, you need to have the 13.9 Catalyst Control Center installed along with the 13.1 Hydra Vision package.

amd1_zps1407d48d.png

Edited by dc3, 02 May 2014 - 11:19 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 mrj77

mrj77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:21 AM

the issue  is that  the wddm driver  keep  installing itself  again and again and not  the  driver from catalyst  package is  installed

#7 mrj77

mrj77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:29 AM

i sorted the issue now  with the  wddm,. i installed  12.6 but says  driver was not installed  correctly  or  install the correct one and  engine control center options still missing

#8 czarboom

czarboom

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 03 May 2014 - 02:26 AM

So are you good now, or you still have other issues?  Let me know where you are at now.  I would stay away from Windows 8 for now.

I am looking at the Speecy Log, is this you below as the user?

svchost.exe
Process ID: 
User: 
HÁLÓZATI SZOLGÁLTATÁS
Domain: 
NT AUTHORITY
Path: 
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
Memory Usage: 
15 MB
Peak Memory Usage: 
16 MB

svchost.exe
Process ID: 
User: 
HELYI SZOLGÁLTATÁS
Domain: 
NT AUTHORITY
Path: 
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
Memory Usage: 
11 MB
Peak Memory Usage: 
54 MB

svchost.exe

CZARBOOM 

"Never Stop Asking Questions, Question Your Environment, Question Your Government, above all Question Yourself.  We all lose when you Stop asking Why?

#9 mrj77

mrj77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:01 AM

No, unfortunately  still no good.had to remove  12.6 again  as catalyst was still messed  and now  again when i wanted  to  intsall 13.9  instead  adm driver  that wddm  installed  itself  as   device driver for my card.

Actually when the catalyst  loading the list  of  installable components  the amd  driver its not visible on list.To my knowledge it should be there

If i could disable this wddm  would be great...

this is my  speecy  log yes:

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/YLpEYK5LbHUdPK3dtwpUL14

#10 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,397 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:35 AM

How are you installing the Catalyst Control Center and the Hydra Vision?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#11 mrj77

mrj77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:38 AM

Running  the  amd  catalyst installer  then the hydravision after it

#12 mrj77

mrj77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:34 AM

the real  question is.. why  the 13.9 fails on  me  during gameplay?  driver crashed and recovered and  black screen...  hardware issue?

it was instaleld  correctly all  whats needed  to install catalyst  are on my  pc...

#13 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,397 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:44 AM

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  When  FileHippo opens, click on Download latest version in the upper right pane.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:

• List last 10 Event Viewer log
• List Installed Programs
• List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
• List Minidump Files

Click on Go to start the scan.  Once it is finished highlight the text, copy it and paste it in your next post.

#14 mrj77

mrj77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:52 AM

ok, now  i  installed  everything from scratch...  i installed  win7 64  bit then  the  catalyst  suite  provided  with the card...  so the  wddm  is  history now..

now.. if i  wanna update it  to latest  catalyst  should i  remove the old one  or  do not risk and  over install  it?

#15 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,397 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:16 AM

Is it working now?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users