Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blogger blog posts not automatically showing on Google Plus

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Jay3fer

Jay3fer

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 01 May 2014 - 02:45 PM

I have a couple of Blogger blogs and a G+ profile.  I would like my posts to propagate automatically to my G+ posts stream (which is basically why I signed up for Google+ in the first place).

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+JenniferTziviaMacLeod/posts

But they are not.

Here are the blogs, in case you can figure anything out from looking at them.

http://aliyahland.com

http://writekidsbooks.org

Google Plus seems to be set up properly, in terms of authorship of the blogs, etc.  If you google my name ("Jennifer Tzivia MacLeod"), you get results from my blog posts with the right headshot, taken from my G+ profile.

I have, naturally, checked the "Automatically share" checkbox.

zmzhvn.jpg

Any other suggestions?

Happy to add anyone to my circles if it helps you figure it out...

Thanks!!

Jennifer

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 SamX5

SamX5

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 01 May 2014 - 02:54 PM

Hi Jennifer, Your blogs are really good.

Are you set as 'Blogger Profile' in the settings or are you Blogging as 'Jennifer Tzivia MacLeod'?

AMD FX - 8320 | Asus sabertooth 990fx r2.0 | Asus R9 290X | 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600mhz | Corsair rm850 | Samsung 256gb 840 | Corsair H80I | CM Storm Trooper

#3 Jay3fer

Jay3fer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2014 - 02:59 PM

Hi, Sam!  (and thanks for buttering me up... :-) )

When I decided I wanted the posts to show up on Google Plus, I upgraded from my old Blogger Profile to Google Plus.  So it should be blogging as me.  I think that's why it says (see screenshot) "This blog is associated with your personal Google+ profile."

I'm hoping somebody who blogs and knows the ins and outs can take a look at my screenshot and see how it looks relative to theirs... or something.  :-/

#4 SamX5

SamX5

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:18 PM

Yea. from your image it should look like this

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=A3750A0489B7DAE2!5430&authkey=!APPL_uYjtRo7Mv0&ithint=folder%2c.png

I looks like your profile isnt connected.

AMD FX - 8320 | Asus sabertooth 990fx r2.0 | Asus R9 290X | 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600mhz | Corsair rm850 | Samsung 256gb 840 | Corsair H80I | CM Storm Trooper

#5 Jay3fer

Jay3fer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:21 PM

Hmm... I know there's an option of setting up a NEW g+ page, but didn't think it was necessary.

I mean, it says explicitly that it is associated with my PERSONAL g+ profile.  Shouldn't my posts be showing up there if it is???  I don't want to create a g+ page if I don't have to.  Because it STILL wouldn't show up on my personal stream, which is the problem I'm trying to solve.

I know people who do it; I know it's possible. :-/

#6 SamX5

SamX5

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:30 PM

If you change the setting to 'prompt to share after posting'  does it give you more than one profile to share?

#7 Jay3fer

Jay3fer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:32 PM

Nope!  Does yours?  I did create a page, but haven't run a test post to see if that goes through.  And anyway, I really don't want a page if I don't have to have one.  My friend's blog does it automatically, but when I asked her how she did it, she had no idea...

#8 Jay3fer

Jay3fer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:36 PM

Okay, did a test post with "prompt to share" and it came through on my g+ page.

Wait a minute... do I have to post through their stupid blogger interface for my posts to appear automatically???

You never asked me how I was posting.  I use Windows Live Writer.  Would that make a difference?

???

#9 Jay3fer

Jay3fer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:39 PM

Okay, scratch that.  Posted from the Blogger interface again, this time with "Automatically share" checked.  And it didn't appear on my g+ profile.

So that's not the problem, obviously.

Oh, hey, while we're at it, why the heck are my thumbnails not showing up, no matter what size image I put at the top?  I'd like  to use og:image but can't find an elegant way that blogger will let me do this.

You know... while I'm dumping all the problems that have been driving me crazy.

Heading to bed; kind of late here.  Will check back in tomorrow.

THANKS!

#10 SamX5

SamX5

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:42 PM

Sorry Jennifer, I blog through the blogger interface and it has always on to my G+. I have never used Windows Live Writer

You also have at the bottom of your image 'You can also link your blog to a Google+page' which suggests there not linked, if you click on the link does it take you to a set up to link the accounts?

Thats Ok

#11 Jay3fer

Jay3fer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:05 AM

Okay, so that is the answer...  It only propagates automatically to g+ IF you post through the Blogger interface.  What a simple answer, in the end.  Blah.

So never mind.  I will find something else.  Maybe networkedblogs can do it?

I appreciate your help; any insight into the thumbnails problem? :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users