Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BIOS access problem HELP!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 angerli

angerli

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:08 AM

Hello, Friends!  My stepson has a Toshiba Satellite laptop only a couple years old and works fine. Somehow (my stepson isn't terribly PC-literate), his BIOS access screens got into Password Mode and he has NO idea what password to use.

I got a copy of Windows Password Unlocker Pro from the fellow we bought his laptop from. Bill told me he "couldn't get into Windows". Right.....but he doesn't know or care what a BIOS is!

So, do we have a brick here, or is there SOMETHING I can do to help him out? I've been building my own PCs since the PC-XT, so I'm no newbie by any stretch.

Hope someone on the Forum can help!

Alexander Gerli

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,437 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:38 AM

It would depend of the laptop model. A simple BIOS password is useless security wise as far as data on the hard drive goes because the drive can be attached to another computer. It may prevent someone from using the computer itself. I believe according to the TOS of the Forum, no help can be given regarding BIOS passwords. But, you can google Toshiba Satellite laptop bios reset and go from there. Good Luck.

#3 kaz20

kaz20

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:57 AM

if you are able to take apart the laptop. if the cmos battery is simple to get to you can remove that batter for a few minutes and put it back in. that usually resets the bios including the password.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users