Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware forcing Proxie server, redirects and evading my best attempts to remove.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 bartonz20let

bartonz20let

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 AM

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:57 AM

Hi, My windows 8.1 laptop has been infected with what I assume is some rather sneaky malware. It all started when my girlfriend was surfing and Avast picked up an infection and promptly quarantined it. After that most of our browsing has been redirected and were locked into a proxie server. I've used Malwarebites, AdwCleaner and Hitman Pro to try to remove the infection but it continues instantly. I'm unable to use system restore and the option to turn the proxie off is unavailable. Hope you guys can help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 AM

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:31 AM

Hi bartonz20let and welcome to BC.

I apologize for the delay in response to your thread.

Please take note of the following:

1. Please do not run any other tools unless instructed.
2. Please don't install or uninstall anything unless asked.
3. The cleaning process is not instant. Please continue to review my answers until I tell you that your computer is clean.
4. If there's anything that you don't understand, please ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes.
5. Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.

Note:
There are both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool available. Please pick the version that matches your operating system's bit type.

If you are unsure what you're system bit type is..... click Here for help.

For x32 bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.

For x64 bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 and save it to your Desktop.
  • Double-click the downloaded icon to run the tool.

frsticon_zpsdc3cbdc3.png
  • When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.

frstdis_zps7f598f12.png
  • Make sure that Addition.txt is selected at the bottom
  • Press Scan button.

frst_zps6548371f.png
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please copy and paste it to your reply also.
Note:
if you see this screen come up, when trying to run FRST:

winmes_zps057aa5b0.png

Just click on More Info.
Then on the next screen, click on Run Anyway

winmes1_zpsee6b4776.png

Please post both reports from FRST in your next reply.

Thanks

Edited by Starbuck, 06 May 2014 - 09:32 AM.

BBPP6nz.png

#3 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 AM

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:29 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this Topic will now be closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending one of the Moderating team or an Administrator
a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

BBPP6nz.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users