Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

new windows 7 pro build full of errors

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 buddyclm

buddyclm

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:48 AM

Parts used:

Western Digital 1 TB Caviar Blue

Kingston 4 GB 1600 KVR16N11S8

ASUS motherboard P8H61-m LE/CSM R2.0

Lite-On DVD

Intel Core i3-3240 3.4 GHz LGA1155

Windows 7 Pro 32 bit

I built 2 computers exactly the same hardware and software.  One works great, the other has problems.  Not too long after Windows installed it started giving error messages.  I reloaded Windows again.  More error messages that DLL files were missing or couldn't be loaded.  I tried a different hard drive.  It worked great through installing Windows and all the drivers for the onboard components of the motherboard and part way though downloading updates for Norton Internet Security 2014.  Then it restarted itself and wanted to run chkdsk everytime and when the Windows desktop and icons should appear, it would reboot itself and was stuck in this loop.  A friend suggested swapping RAM and possibly power supply.  I did that, no change.  I tried a third hard drive and it is the same way except now about half the time when it loads, I have no mouse or keyboard that work.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FurryRose

FurryRose

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 AM

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:03 AM

Since you have built these two PC's exactly the same, it is probably a defective part. Swapping the power supply wouldn't have done anything, because all it does is provide power. Maybe try replacing the processor, that could be the problem. Have you noticed anything else, like strange noises, overheating, etc.?

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,278 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:34 PM

I disagree with the assertion that changing PSUs isn't important...I think it's very important.

If the two systems are exactly the same (I see that you don't mention the PSUs installed)...and one is trouble-free while the other is a pain...the logical thing to do is swap one component at a time from the bad system to the good system...that includes the motherboard.  I would start with the PSUs.

Louis

#4 buddyclm

buddyclm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:59 AM

The problem was a bad motherboard.  Changed it and everything worked great.  Thanks for the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users