Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer running DREADFULLY slow!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 mo12

mo12

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 AM

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:51 PM

I have Vistas premium home version 64 bit. I am running Internet Explorer 8. For the last 2 days my computer has been extrememly slow and I keep getting these little notices along the lower screen saying things like 0% of 20%Review%20Edmonds, and it's called an unknown file from s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com and it asks if I want to run or save the file. And there are a whole bunch of different ones that pop up at different times. I have scanned several times with updated free version of Malwarebytes and it does find some bad stuff which I remove. Microsoft Security had a red warning up yesterday for me and it kept saying that Microsoft Security Essentials wouldn't start so I kind of got that going again but after I did that, other wacky things started happening. Basically, the computer is just running very slowly. Any help would be appreciated but I would need very specific directions to follow as I'm not overly computer savy. Thanks in advance for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FurryRose

FurryRose

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:49 PM

This sounds like some sort of malware... The pop-ups are a definite clue that something is going on, and it sounds like something is temporarily disabling your anti-virus, perhaps a rootkit. You may want to describe this problem over in the security section, and if you have the logs, post them there as well.

#3 mo12

mo12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:58 PM

I am not sure where you mean to post the problem and I would need specific directions on how to post the logs and so on.

#4 FurryRose

FurryRose

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:09 PM

Sorry... I should have been more clear about that.

This is the link to the Am I infeted? What do I do? sub-forum:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

You would find the Malwarebytes log by running Malwarebytes, clicking on the History tab at the top, then clicking on the Application Logs tab on the left-hand side.

#5 mo12

mo12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:12 PM

Okay I posted in the security section. I have received help from Bleeping Computer before and I usually wait for specific instructions on which scans to do and which logs to post; sometimes I'm asked to download certain things as well so I think I'll wait for instruction from the security section. Thank you very much!

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,396 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:30 PM

AII topic, http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/532901/computer-acting-strangely-and-extremely-slow/#entry3357486 .

This topic is closed to avoid confusion.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users