Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to load HP D110a Driver

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bhl

bhl

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 AM

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:19 PM

New HP 8.1 computer (my Dad's) and slightly old D110a Photosmart printer.  It recognizes the printer but I am unable to install the HP driver that I downloaded from their site.  I get a "can't find file" error upon installion of the files.   HP Support is worthless.  They had me download the Wizard which downloaded the same file.  When it failed once again, the Wizard tried deleting files and came up with an error.  No response back from HP :devil: and it's been almost a week.  I did see someone else on the HP forum has the same problem.  

I'm hoping the Bleeping Computer folks :warrior: , being that they're way smarter than the HP :devil:  folks, can help me out.

I see there's a MS in-OS that may allow my Dad to print out emails and photos.  (That's basically all he does with it.)  How would I go about getting that to be the default driver?  I'd imagine I'd have to go to CP and browse, but I'm not sure where to find it.  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,071 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:30 AM

I just looked on the MS site they say it is compatible, try this delete and disconnect the printer then reboot once with out it hooked up.  Then shut down plug in printer and boot up it should load the generic driver, hope that works for you.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/ProductDetailsViewer?Name=HP%20Photosmart%20D110a%20e-All-in-One%20Printer&vendor=HP&ModelOrVersion=CN731A&Type=Hardware&tempOsid=Windows+8.1

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,407 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 AM

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:46 AM

Is the driver you downloaded the one found here?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users