Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I troubleshoot programs appearing that I didn't install? Not responding t

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Daizee143

Daizee143

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:03 PM

I am running Vista SP2- AMD Athlon ™ 64x2

Dual Core Processor 3800+2.00 GHZ

ram 1.00GB

32 bit

I am running MSE but it is failing to update or scan.

Malwarebytes found infections.

I have no clue how my settings should be. I have ran every tool recommende, antivirus.

Seems computer is getting slower and slower. I am not so grat at this but if someone could help me star the troubleshooting I would be so grateful.

It keeps freezing and takes about 8-10 mins to boot up.I don't recognize alot of the toolbars and programs.

Should I upgrade to Windows 7 or 8 for better protection through Microsoft and should I be running a certain IE, right now is IE9.

I definitely messed up start up settings or processes and tasks somewhere along the line. I am quite sure I am posting the wrong way on here so if too many questions , please advise me how to properly post. Thank you in advance!!! :scratchhead:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2014 - 04:28 AM

First thing to do:

Remove any threats found by MBAM (malwarebytes anti-malware).

Uninstall MSE. After MSE removal, reboot the machine if it hasn't asked for that as part of the removal process.

Install another free AV. I recommend Avast! anti-virus. It's free, updates itself automatically, and has a small footprint.

After installing Avast, run a full scan and remove any baddies it finds. Do everything it tells you... if it wants to run a "boot scan", then let it. The boot scan takes a while, so be patient.

Once Avast has done it's thing, run MBAM again and remove any baddies it may find.

NOW, we can assume your machine is probably malware free.  See how the PC runs now and let us know.

P.S. Your machine really, really, needs more RAM. One GB of RAM virtually guarantees slow performance. You need at least 2GB, and I recommend 4GB.

Hope this helps.

#3 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,404 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 PM

Posted 01 May 2014 - 04:33 AM

It keeps freezing and takes about 8-10 mins to boot up.I don't recognize alot of the toolbars and programs.

Please read this and follow the instructions,  A trained person will help you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/182397/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do-how-do-i-get-help-who-is-helping-me/

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:17 AM

Please post the Malwarebytes log.

To find your Malwarebytes log,download mbam-check.exe from here and save it to your desktop.

To open the log double click on mbma-check.exe on your desktop, copy and paste this in your next post.

Please download AdwCleaner and run it.

An image like the one below will open, click on Scan.

adwcleaner11_zps48314883.png

Once the search is complete a list of the pending items will be displayed.  If you see any which you do not want removed, remove the check mark next to it.  

Click on Clean to remove the selected items.  

You will receive a message telling you that all programs will be close so that the infections can be removed.  Click on Ok.

When cleaning process is complete a log of what was removed will be presented.  Please copy and the paste this log in your next post.

Please download Junkware Removal Tool.

Open your browser and go to Downloads, then click on the Junkware Removal Tool to install it.  

Click on Run to initiate the installation.

To avoid potential conflicts, temporarily disable your antivirus and firewall.  You will want to be offline when you do this.

Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select Run as Administrator.

The tool will open and start scanning your system.

Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.

On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.  Copy and this and then post this in your topic.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Daizee143

Daizee143
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:49 PM

Thanks for the replies but I resorted to factory reset and now am completely bummim'. I can not restore anything and lost everything. :-(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users