Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wpd driver cannot be installed due to an inf problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:57 AM

good afternoon to all

please, i wish to know from where i can download any wpd driver for my sony xperia tipo mobile phone

for some reasons that i do not know the wpd driver cannot be installed even with the sony pc companion due to an inf  problem

i have tried to install sony pc companion but the mobile phone cannot be recognized by my windows xp x86 sp3

my solution is to format the hard disk but this cannot be done since i have to finish some projects

any solution ?

thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 6,998 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:28 PM

I'm trying to understand your request.

Is it your phone or computer that's not working right. or both? If your phone is very recent, it may not be compatible with XP,

Cat

Performing full disc images weekly and keeping important data off of the 'C' drive as generated can be the best defence against Malware/Ransomware attacks, as well as a wide range of other issues. 

#3 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 01 May 2014 - 02:10 AM

good morning dear cat1092

the mobile phone is the sony xperia tipo and it was ok under my windows xp 

the problem is with some mpt/wpd files and it is strange why the pc companion cannot solve the problem even after install/unistall

#4 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 6,998 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 PM

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:45 AM

Save the projects you're working on as a precaution & try System Restore, if you don't have a backup to fall back on.

If successful, the computer will be restored to working condition.

Should that not work, you can also try booting & pressing the F8 key, like you're going to run in Safe Mode, but select "Last Known Good Configuration". Only do this if System Restore doesn't do the trick, as this is a one time shot, for a while.

Cat

Performing full disc images weekly and keeping important data off of the 'C' drive as generated can be the best defence against Malware/Ransomware attacks, as well as a wide range of other issues. 

#5 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:29 PM

ok my friend the tipo is working now with the windows

thanks for the tip !

#6 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 6,998 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:52 PM

Glad to have been of help.

This should serve as a reminder that you should use a backup app to create images of your XP install. You were lucky this time, as System Restore doesn't always fix issues. The best restore point one can have is a backup of the computer when it's in known working condition.

For XP users, this is more critical than ever.

Cat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users