Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Booting to Black Screen, White Line

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Travis959

Travis959

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 AM

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:04 AM

Hello all, 

I have a problem very similar to this thread:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/487382/windows-7-frozen-black-screen-with-white-blinking-cursor/

On boot the bios posts fine, but after that it immediately goes to a black screen with a white line. I am unable to enter safe mode, and it never moves past this screen. I thought it was a hardware issue, so I cloned the drive onto a completely new drive and it has the same exact issue. So now I have to suspect something is wrong with windows itself. 

Prior to this, the computer was working fine, then it shut itself down and on immediate boot up this issue appeared. System restore does not work from the windows 7 DVD, and I've tried startup repair numerous times, as well as chkdsk and sfc scans.

I have posted the FRST log for reference.

Thank you.

Attached Files

• Attached File  FRST.txt   19.46KB   4 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Travis959

Travis959
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 AM

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:53 AM

Another thing I noticed, is on the black screen if you press CTRL+ALT+DEL the laptop restarts. Not sure if that is helpful.

#3 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 38,242 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 04 May 2014 - 12:57 PM

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

Run this fix and let me know where we stand.

Open notepad (Start =>All Programs => Accessories => Notepad). Please copy the entire contents of the code box below.

start
HKU\Administrator\...\Run: [SearchProtect] => C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\SearchProtect\bin\cltmng.exe
HKU\PowellR\...\RunOnce: [pw5rmtmp] - C:\Windows\system32\_rmpwtmp.pif
AppInit_DLLs: C:\PROGRA~2\SearchProtect\SearchProtect\bin\SPVC64Loader.dll => C:\Program Files (x86)\SearchProtect\SearchProtect\bin\SPVC64Loader.dll [1355552 2014-04-08] (Conduit)
AppInit_DLLs-x32: C:\PROGRA~2\SearchProtect\SearchProtect\bin\SPVC32Loader.dll => C:\Program Files (x86)\SearchProtect\SearchProtect\bin\SPVC32Loader.dll [1050912 2014-04-08] (Conduit)
ShortcutTarget: Dropbox.lnk ->  (No File)
GroupPolicy: Group Policy on Chrome detected <======= ATTENTION
S2 CltMngSvc; C:\Program Files (x86)\SearchProtect\Main\bin\CltMngSvc.exe [2470688 2014-04-08] (Conduit)
S3 PCDSRVC{67F2314B-25F2B3C0-06020101}_0; \??\c:\gencotst\pcdsrvc_x64.pkms [X]

End

Save the files as fixlist.txt into the same folder as FRST

Run FRST and click Fix only once and wait.

Restart the computer normally to reset the registry.

The tool will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.

#4 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 38,242 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 10 May 2014 - 08:57 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users