Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Use my PS3 remote on window 8.1?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 computerfunguy

computerfunguy

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:30 AM

hi.    I hve a computer game i would like to play.  I want to hook my ps3 remote via usb to my computer and use it for the game.   I have done this in the past with windows xp and even window 7 with great sucess.   Well, now i have a new laptop, a real good one, running window 8.1   and i would like to use my ps3 remote on my new pc.   BUT i cant get it to work for some reason?  Usually i use the motion joy program and then map out the button using xpadder.   But for some reason when i run everything and hook it up the remote, it will work for a split econd and then it will stop?     How can i use my ps3 remote on my laptop with window 8.1?  Is there something im missing?  Wasnt sure were ese to post this.  any help would be great.  thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 FurryRose

FurryRose

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 PM

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:01 PM

The most likely problem is that the laptop doesn't have the right hardware. The operating system doesn't matter, even though Windows 8.1 is more recent, laptop hardware is generally less sophisticated than desktop hardware. Your laptop most likely is not powerful enough to recognise the remote, which is why it isn't working. Even if your laptop is higher-end, it is quite possible it still does not possess the required hardware.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users