Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Asus Montherboard

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 johncv

johncv

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:25 PM

I am going to put a new motherboard in my computer

(Asus Z87-PLUS ATX Motherboard Quad CrossFireX & Quad SLI (LGA1150).

Can someone suggest which speed ddr 3 to use for stability

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 yu gnomi

yu gnomi

• Members
  • 532 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:02 PM

http://support.asus.com/QVL.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=1&s=45&m=Z87-PLUS&os=&hashedid=EjMWSYSANBM9wY9P

Links to a site where you can download the Qualified Vendor List for your board. If you look at the tables of all the vendors, the headings for each section say DDR - (some number) Qualified Vendors List. That number is the frequency for the DIMMs in that section (higher is better). And that is essentially as far as I can help you with the technical details of the table, I can't make heads or tails out of some of the info listed.

If you want a specific brand recommendation, I probably can't help you - the few times I've bought memory, I've gone with Kingston and not regretted it, but there's only a few Kingston entries on that table. 

#3 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,282 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:22 AM

I've been using Crucial RAM since I had an issue in the 90s where I purchased a kit that had issues with the RAM, RMA'd the RAM twice before I bought the Crucial which worked perfectly and hasn't let me down since.

#4 diggi

diggi

• Members
  • 335 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:06 PM

Get a set of Gskill's, 1600 mhz and up will do, Tridents are top of the line but Snipers and Ripjaws z are also good

#5 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 3,760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:48 PM

An interesting read: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Understanding-RAM-Timings/26

If you don't stand for the flag then you will fall for anything!

#6 johncv

johncv
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 01 May 2014 - 08:47 AM

Thanks everyone now know what I need

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users