Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Issues installing SSD

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SmokeViper07

SmokeViper07

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:53 PM

Hey guys I'm having issues installing my new SSD it's a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB drive. As soon as I started disconnecting cables to attach the SSD my main 160 GB WD HDD started having boot errors and anytime I try doing a fresh install on the SSD it says that windows cannot be installed on the drive because it's MBR not GPT. I have tried booting off of a live CD of ubuntu and using GParted and the built in disks manager to format the drive to GPT and still am getting the error when attempting the install! How can I fix this and get windows installed on the SSD? I'm not too worried about the WD HDD. Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,390 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:48 PM

See if this info gets you going!

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/91339-ssd-hdd-optimize-windows-reinstallation.html

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 Redplauge

Redplauge

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:24 PM

Make sure the Sata Configuration in the bios is set to AHCI and the other HDD is disconnected

#4 SmokeViper07

SmokeViper07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:40 PM

Ok so I feel stupid now, I just realized I hooked it up wrong...dur...But if anyone could help with the 160 GB HDD that would be great. It boots to a black screen stating there is a grub error

Edited by SmokeViper07, 29 April 2014 - 11:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users