Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Howdy All (New Member Intro...)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Hubby_Recovery

Hubby_Recovery

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 PM

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:46 PM

Howdy everyone.

I've joined for two reasons: 1) hoping the promise of zero ads will be fulfilled (dry chuckle); and 2) hoping my future won't have me spending too much time on the site! My excursion here is an ad-hoc thing (duh!), as fixing computers at this stage of my life is more of a PITB than the adventure it once was way back when in the early 1980s when I was younger and stupider...and was getting paid an engineer's salary to do so!

What's brought me here has been /continues to be an exercise in fixing my wife's laptop to which she committed some sort of foot shot (I wasn't there - honest!) during a virus scan exercise...not her first (referring to the scan, NOT the foot shot [yuk yuk]). The generic sypmtom was an inability to reconnect wirelessly (at all, upon further checking) to the web.

Presently it connects via cable, and the wireless is shown as functional, but No Joy with a wireless connection...my working guess is she hosed the registry somehow. The machine still refuses to execute an XP/F12 boot. In any event. I'm past the driver reloading/updating stage, and into the serious system cleanup stage, on the way to the "utility corrections" phase.

Such fun. Combo fix here I ultimately come, I'm guessing. Wish me luck...I am!

Hubby_Recovery (aka Bob W.)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users