Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello bleepingcomputer.com, introduction of myself and story/review of new PC

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 arand4

arand4

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:54 AM

So hello, this is my first time registring in a computer based forum, not including gaming forums, in about 10 years, which is since when I have internet. I've even had computer forums myself, and we got to have about 100 members, though we had "free" server problems. oh well. I enjoyed being an administrator, and moderator in forums, but now it's time to be a user :P.

Anyway as the title says I got a new computer, and that kind of was what inspired me to create this account here on BC. but before let me talk about my old computer, it's a big tower that now is about 10 ýears old, it was this computer where I started using internet on a daily basis. Before I had to use my dad's computer. Anyway here comes the specs:

Processor:           AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+ with 2.41 Ghz

Graphics Card:   nVidia GeForce 8500 GT with 512MB vram

Memory:              2 GB DDR2

HDD's:                500GB + 160GB + 2x 80GB and other harddrives I probably don't remember.

And this computer for a long time it had 2x 18" CRT monitors connected and later one CRT and an LCD monitor, and then only a LCD.

Now my new computer is a whole different thing, I now have a laptop, a Toshiba Satellite L50-A and its specs are:

Processor:          Intel Core i7 4700MQ with 2.4 Ghz and up to 3.4 Ghz with Intel's Turbo Boost dynamic overclocking.

Graphics Card:   nVidia GeForce GT 740M with 2GB vram

Memory:             8GB DDR3L 1600mhz

HDD's:                Just got one 500GB 5400rpm

Screen:              15.4" with 1366x768 and I use a 19" secondary monitor with the same resolution as the built-in, I missed using a dual screen setup.

So yeah, this new computer allows me to do so much more stuff with so much more speed and quality, I can edit with full HD video, I can do 3D stuff much faster, and of course I can play games on high settings, sometimes on ultra settings, whereas I could only use low to medium settings and on a few old games maximum settings. I'm very happy with this new computer, and the Keyboard is also better than I expected, I thought I wouldn't get used to the keyboard and I still don't hit all keys perfectly but I got used to the keyboard pretty fast, Mousepad though, I mostly have it turned off and I use my X7 Mouse, or I use it in the Metro UI from Windows 8 which I'm also trying out right now, since the computer came with Windows 8 Installed.

Ok so I don't know if this is interesting to anyone, but I don't care, but if someone cares, I'll answer. :P

Have a wonderful day.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sirawit

Sirawit

Bleepin' Brony

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,161 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:16 AM

:welcome: Welcome to BC!

If I don't reply back to you in 2 days, feel free to send me a PM.

“You’re lying… just like you were lying to me before. You have to hate me. I’ve been the worst daughter in the world… you should hate me.”

“But I don’t, Nyx. Because, Nyx, I’m your mother, and a mother will always love her daughter, no matter what.” -Past sins by Pen stroke.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users