Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No boot after Kaspersky & Hitman Cleared Malware

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 ChiLLaXinMan

ChiLLaXinMan

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 PM

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:31 AM

Hi all. Ok well laptop Gateway running windows 8 64bit was SUPER slow.. seen video on youtube.. tried it.. made Kaspersky rescue disk 10 and booted pc from drive.. went good.. came back to regular boot and ran Hitman updated.. removed as recommended as told in video. Then ask to reboot. Pushed reboot.. now pc loads up get past load screen but nothing but black screen and the occasional ding like Malwarebytes is blocking something. Im currently running Kaspersky again to see if boot sectors can be repaired.. any suggestion would b great.. thx for ur time..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ChiLLaXinMan

ChiLLaXinMan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:03 AM

Well Kaspersky ran a second time did not fix... plz any help would b great.

#3 ChiLLaXinMan

ChiLLaXinMan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:51 AM

Got into system recovery... but not one of my restore points wrk.. attachment shows why... tried system error fix.. no work... anything else yhat i could try guys... i really need some advice.

Attached Files

#4 ChiLLaXinMan

ChiLLaXinMan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:21 PM

Well after second restore point got deleted now im getting nothing but a black screen when trying to restart computer... REALLY!! need help guys my anger is about to get the best of me... im trying to hold it together... all because to much malware and just wanted to run smoothly.. heck i jus got this not to long ago... any help i greatly appreciated.'

#5 ChiLLaXinMan

ChiLLaXinMan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:30 PM

Ok black screen is gone... took bottom off to make sure nothing was lose.. put back together and bam... got screen back.. now i did find my windows recovery disc 1,2,n 3... system disc and language 64bit disc... could i use these to help in the recovery process?? These are for wind 7... my laptop current was running wind 8 (fyi)

Edited by ChiLLaXinMan, 29 April 2014 - 02:39 PM.

#6 ChiLLaXinMan

ChiLLaXinMan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:10 PM

Ok ive made it to the Gateway recovery managment.. wat do i choose...(completely restore to factory defaults or restore operating syst andretain user data) ??????

#7 xXToffeeXx

xXToffeeXx

Bleepin' Polar Bear

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 6,086 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:33 PM

Greetings and :welcome: to BleepingComputer,
My name is xXToffeeXx, but feel free to call me Toffee if it is easier for you. I will be helping you with your malware problems.

A few points to cover before we start:

• Do not run any tools without being instructed to as this makes my job much harder in trying to figure out what you have done.
  • Make sure to read my instructions fully before attempting a step.
  • If you have problems or questions with any of the steps, feel free to ask me. I will be happy to answer any questions you have.
  • Please follow the topic by clicking on the "Follow this topic" button, and make sure a tick is in the "receive notifications" and is set to "Instantly". Any replies should be made in this topic by clicking the "Reply to this topic" button.
  • Important information in my posts will often be in bold, make sure to take note of these.
  • I will attempt to reply as soon as possible, and normally within 24 hours of your reply. If this is not possible or I have a delay then I will let you know.
  • I will bump a topic after 3 days of no activity, and then will give you another 2 days to reply before a topic is closed. If you need more time than this please let me know.
  • Lets get going now :thumbup2:

==========================

Hi ChiLLaXinMan,

Hold on a bit before restoring the computer, lets try this step to see if we can find what the problem is:

FRST Scan from RECOVERY Environment on Vista, 7, and 8:

On a clean machine, please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to a flash drive.
Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:

• Restart the computer.
  • As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.
  • Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.
  • Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
  • Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
  • Select your user account an click Next.

Note: In case you can not enter System Recovery Options by using F8 method, you can use Windows installation disc, or make a repair disc. Any Windows installation disc or a repair disc made on another computer can be used.
To make a repair disk on Windows 7 consult: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/2083-system-repair-disc-create.html

To enter System Recovery Options by using Windows installation disc:

• Insert the installation disc.
  • Restart your computer.
  • If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings.
  • Click Repair your computer.
  • Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
  • Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
  • Select your user account and click Next.

==========

On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:

Startup Repair
System Restore
Windows Complete PC Restore
Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
Command Prompt

Select Command Prompt

==========

Once in the Command Prompt:

• In the command window type in notepad and press Enter.
  • The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.
  • Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.
  • In the command window type e:\frst (for x64 bit version type e:\frst64) and press Enter
    Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.
  • The tool will start to run.
  • When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive. Please copy and paste it to your reply.

--------------

To recap, in your next reply I would like to see the following. Make sure to copy & paste them unless I ask otherwise:

• FRST.txt

xXToffeeXx~

~If I am helping you and you have not had a reply from me in two days, please send me a PM~

logo-25.pngID Ransomware - Identify What Ransomware Encrypted Your Files [Support Topic] - If we have helped you out and you want to support what we do, you can do so here

~Twitter~ | ~Malware Analyst at Emsisoft~

#8 xXToffeeXx

xXToffeeXx

Bleepin' Polar Bear

• 6,086 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2014 - 01:12 PM

Hi ChiLLaXinMan,

This is a 3 day bump:

It has been 3 days since my last post.

• Do you still need help with this?
  • If after 48hrs you have not replied to this thread then it will have to be closed.

xXToffeeXx~

~If I am helping you and you have not had a reply from me in two days, please send me a PM~

logo-25.pngID Ransomware - Identify What Ransomware Encrypted Your Files [Support Topic] - If we have helped you out and you want to support what we do, you can do so here

#9 ChiLLaXinMan

ChiLLaXinMan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:07 PM

Hey. Thanks for ur help.. but that night i git into safe mode and i ran Malwarebytes and it seem to have fixed my problem.. my laptop boots up in regular mode now... but the problem that im having now is that i missing files or getting an error code to make a backup disc.. ive tried recovery repair all of that.. i dont have my disc bcuz the laptop did not come with none.. i could call manufacturer and request disc.. any other way to repair my files without disc?? Ive even went to microsoft website but was unable to find solution. Thx for ur time and care. ChiLL

#10 xXToffeeXx

xXToffeeXx

Bleepin' Polar Bear

• 6,086 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:10 PM

Hi ChiLLaXinMan,

Please tell me the exact message you are getting with the missing files, this will be important.

xXToffeeXx~

#11 ChiLLaXinMan

ChiLLaXinMan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:32 PM

Ok will do.. wrking right now.. when i get home ill hit u back up n let u know. Thx again

#12 xXToffeeXx

xXToffeeXx

Bleepin' Polar Bear

• 6,086 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:34 PM

Hi ChiLLaXinMan,

No worries, thank you for letting me know. You are welcome.

xXToffeeXx~

#13 xXToffeeXx

xXToffeeXx

Bleepin' Polar Bear

• 6,086 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2014 - 08:10 AM

Hi ChiLLaXinMan,

This is a 3 day bump:

It has been more than 3 days since my last post.

• Do you still need help with this?
  • If after 48hrs you have not replied to this thread then it will have to be closed.

xXToffeeXx~

#14 xXToffeeXx

xXToffeeXx

Bleepin' Polar Bear

• 6,086 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:24 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users