Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Startup Repair Loop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 whittwhitt

whittwhitt

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 PM

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:44 AM

2 days ago my laptop (Acer Aspire v3) would not startup and suggested I do a startup repair. I let startup repair run for 2+ days after showing the same screen for so long and eventually decided to turn it off (i've read that the faster you fix the problem the more likely your data won't get erased?). The progress bar was always moving so the screen wasn't frozen and the entire time it said it was attempting to repair disk errors.

https://flic.kr/p/nrpgdp

When I turn on the laptop again it says the same thing and starts running startup repair again.

The laptop was having overheating issues and the fan hadn't been cleaned in a long time... that's the most likely cause, right?

Also, the only thing the laptop will let me do is run startup repair or enter BIOS

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:41 AM

Have you run a hard drive diagnostic...to check the functionality of the drive itself?

Can you remove the drive and make it a secondary in another system or via USB...and see if you can routinely access the files on the drive?

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 29 April 2014 - 08:42 AM.

#3 whittwhitt

whittwhitt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 PM

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:26 AM

Have you run a hard drive diagnostic...to check the functionality of the drive itself?

Can you remove the drive and make it a secondary in another system or via USB...and see if you can routinely access the files on the drive?

Louis

Sorry for misinformation; I can't access BIOS instead it's called InsydeH20 Setup Utility? (it comes from pressing the f2 key; it's also my only given option besides startup repair).

As for your second suggestion... that means placing the hard disk into another computer and running diagnostics on it to see if that's the issue, correct?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users