Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

newb needs help with BSOD

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cuddlybanana

cuddlybanana

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 PM

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:42 PM

I am at a loss of what to do, my computer has been blue screened a couple times recently and I have no idea how to find out what the problem is. I know I need to post the blue screen logs, but I don't know how to do that. Any help is much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 AM

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:54 AM

Hi

Please upload the actual crash dump files with next reply. To do that first disable "User Account Control" and reboot the machine. Then open "C:\Windows\Minidump" folder. You will see several ".dmp" files in there. Copy all of them and compress using "7-zip" ( http://www.7-zip.org/ ) to reduce the size greatly. Then attach them with next reply using "More Reply Options --> Attach files ".

#3 cuddlybanana

cuddlybanana
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:46 PM

Alright thank you, I have attached the minidump zip file. Do I need to do anything else or just wait for someone to review the files and get back to me.

Attached Files

#4 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:00 AM

Hi

Thanks for uploading the dumps. I took a quick look at the dumps but all of them seems to blame legit Windows files as the reason behind the crashes. We should also look for the possibility of hardware failure here. To collect the detailed spec of your PC together with some additional info, please post a "Speccy" snapshot of your system as per the below instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323892/publish-a-snapshot-using-speccy/

Edited by Anshad Edavana, 01 May 2014 - 01:00 AM.

#5 cuddlybanana

cuddlybanana
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:22 AM

Thanks, here's the snapshot

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/UGin1CBA74J2ywrGi5KAUNi

Edited by cuddlybanana, 01 May 2014 - 01:22 AM.

#6 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:45 AM

Hi

There seems to be three RAM modules in your system. Two of them are "Corsair CM3X2G1600C9D6" and the other one is a Corsair "CM3X2G1333C9" module. These modules differs in both speed and timing values so generally it is not recommended to mix them. Please remove the single "CM3X2G1333C9" module a s a test and run the system with only other two identical modules plugged. After removing the module, enter BIOS setup and load "Optimized defaults" ( generally in "Exit" menu ).

Let me know whether it makes any difference. If the BSOD continues, please post a new "Speccy" snapshot with next reply ( keep the single module unplugged until the issue is resolved ). 

Edited by Anshad Edavana, 01 May 2014 - 01:46 AM.

#7 cuddlybanana

cuddlybanana
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2014 - 02:49 AM

I removed the RAM module as instructed. Will reply again if the BSOD continues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users