Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 saambo

saambo

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 PM

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:04 PM

Hi all. I posted this in the Upgrade section already; I realize now that this is probably a more appropriate place for my issue.

Mod Edit: I deleted the duplicate for you.

I have a Samsung S23B550 LED 23" monitor that I bought about 1.5 yrs ago. I'd like to buy a second one to match but they no longer make that monitor. Does anyone know how I could go about shopping around to find another Samsung monitor that looks close to the one I already have (same/close specs too)? The local stores (Best Buy, Office Depot, etc) haven't been very helpful so far.

My next step is to take my monitor in the store and do a side by side comparison. I'll be grateful for any help!! Thanks!

Bryan

Edited by Platypus, 28 April 2014 - 09:23 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 yu gnomi

yu gnomi

• Members
  • 532 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:29 PM

you could probably find your model by searching eBay

#3 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:39 PM

Are you really trying to match the look of the monitor? Or do you just want to match the basic specs (i.e. screen size, screen resolution, etc)?

If the former, then as noted by the other poster, your best bet would be to try eBay to by a used monitor of the same model. Finding a new, different model that looks very similar aesthetically to your existing monitor is likely a very difficult proposition, if not out right impossible.

Frankly, the easier way to accomplish the former would be to buy two new monitors of the same model. Obviously, it would be more expensive, but likely way easier.

If you only really care about the latter, then you could go to a site like Newegg.com. It allows you to search through monitors by size, resolutions, etc.

#4 saambo

saambo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:19 PM

Thanks for the input!

I was just looking to find something that looked the same; specs weren't as big a deal but I thought I might as well try to match them up as best I could. I think I'll jsut take your advice and buy two new monitors. I still have a use for this one.

Thanks again!

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,541 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 PM

Posted 03 May 2014 - 04:13 PM

Agree with smax013.  Monitors come and go every week and I suspect that a monitor made last week, month, or year...is a better purchase than a monitor made 5 years ago and beyond it's expected warranty lifetime.

Spending to go backwards in time...is not advisable when it comes to computer components, IMO.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users