Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

no longer have audio

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bastudent

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:58 PM

Hi My name is bastudent, I was using netflix last night so there was audio then but today I do not have it. I had just used Driver Max, don't know if that had something to do with it because that is the only different thing I'd done.

I tried to restore to an earlier date but now my restore doesn't work either. It will run but not make any changes.

I looked up Services and looked at the properties of Windows audio but iboth video and restore were  stopped, I turned them back on but still no sound.

I know there is something on my computer as it has recently become very slow. one of them I"d notice was search protect while I refused the option but it downloaded any

One more thiing, I'm sorry, I should have come here earlier but I also lot Microsoft Net framework so it is not able to update at this time. 

Please if there is any one of these issues that you could help me with, I would be eternally grateful!

Thank you,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 6,957 posts
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:01 AM

bastudent, welcome to BC Fourms!

For starters, once you get this computer up & running, you need to create & stick with a backup plan, this is far more reliable than System Restore.

As to your issue, I feel that your computer is severely infected or needs reinstallation. When getting drivers, it's best to stay clear of sources such as Driver Max, stick to the OEM updates, even if they're not the latest. Many times, new drivers gives no noticeable increase of function.

I hope that you have a reinstall CD, it may be needed if there's no recovery partition. Can you post the Speccy specs of your computer?

Performing full disc images weekly and keeping important data off of the 'C' drive as generated can be the best defence against Malware/Ransomware attacks, as well as a wide range of other issues. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users