Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

reformating windows xp

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sarah426

sarah426

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 AM

Posted 23 November 2004 - 06:31 AM

Hi, I would like to reformat my OS. How do i change the settings so that it boots from either a cd or a bootable disk? I've tried a lot of suggestions but apparently the company i got my pc from did something (i forgot the term) that disables me from booting from another drive. Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 samuraijack

samuraijack

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 AM

Posted 23 November 2004 - 06:58 AM

when the machine first turns on you should see a screen picture of something. keep pressing the escape key, when you see the technical bits look down the bottom of the screen adn it should tell you what buttons to press to get into the common ones are f2, f8 f9 f10 and have fun

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users