Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Vunerability (affects IE6-IE11)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 scotty_ncc1701

scotty_ncc1701

• Members
  • 520 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 AM

Posted 28 April 2014 - 02:18 PM

This affects IE6-11, which means all versions of Windows affected.

See: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/library/security/2963983

See "Suggested Actions" in the above.

My suggestion, don't use IE, but Firefox.

Edit: Moved topic from Windows 8 to the more appropriate forum.~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 28 April 2014 - 02:27 PM

But, if you use Adobe Flash you're still hosed on either.

#3 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,033 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:03 PM

Thanks for that RKilroy, completely missed it. Adobe has already issued an update. 13.0.0.206

#4 kelkay

kelkay

• Members
  • 292 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:55 AM

I tried downloading the Microsoft Update, it didn't work.  Then I went and downloaded the file KB2961887 stand alone file, and installed it.  Once I restarted, the update did not work, I ended up getting the black screen of death.  I checked Windows Update again, and of course I still had one important update, and that was it.  This is the second go round with Microsoft Updates that have given me the black screen of death.  This is very aggravating.  I just installed it this time from Windows Update...I am going to restart, and see what happens.  Crossing my fingers....

#5 kelkay

kelkay

• Members
  • 292 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:10 AM

Well thank goodness this time it worked.  I don't know how many times I've had to use my emergency disk to get going again.  If you lost power before, or were frozen, you could just hit the power button, and things would reload, and you'd be in business again.  Since I've had Windows 8.1, I have not found that to be the case.  If that happens, my computer will not recover on it's own.  I have to use the emergency disk.  Then I go back to Tweaking Registry, and then go back to the previous registry, then I have to restart again.  I just don't get it. 

#6 scotty_ncc1701

scotty_ncc1701
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 520 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:22 AM

I downloaded it for Win8.1, x64, and it worked the first time.  It took about a minute to initialize, and a minute to install.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users