Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't install java 64 bit on windows 7 64 bit

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kemahsabe

Kemahsabe

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:10 PM

I downloaded java 64 bit and installed with nothing else running.  Error message says "Wizard was interrupted before installation was completed".  No error code. 
I've uninstalled the 32 bit Java, deleted program files, turned off AV and FW.

Any suggestions? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,092 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:26 PM

Using Java, QMan - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/514146/java-auto-updater-cant/?p=3208484

Louis

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:25 AM

Hi -

A link to the 64bit download page Which Java download should I choose for my 64-bit Windows

As left by hamluis, some people choose not to install Java, but this is presented as information for you.

The choice is yours after you read the links, and you may need or want Java installed -

#4 Kemahsabe

Kemahsabe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:21 AM

To begin with, I need Java.  

I installed an app last Friday that said I had to upgrade to the latest version.  So I did.  

Monday morning a very important application failed to run because it couldn't find Java.  I called tech support twice and was told that since I'm running a 64 bit system I have to install 64 bit Java.  Couldn't get it to install.  Hence this thread looking for help.  

Called tech support a third time late yesterday and said I can't install Java 64, what can I do?  And BTW, haven't I been running on Java 32 in the past?

The rep said, "Yes you have.  We can make it run on Java 32."   (Simple fix - Expletives deleted...)

Thanks for the replies!  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users