Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How one can unistall app from mobile phone?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ricky212

ricky212

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:19 AM

I have android phone and looking for the different ways for un istalling app from my phone. For eg one can direct uninstall and looking for another options also. Plz help me for this.

Edit: Moved topic from Introductions to the more appropriate forum.~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ricky212

ricky212
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:21 AM

Thanks man for replying, it means ur forums are not appropriate for answering my question.

#3 Zen Seeker

Zen Seeker

• Members
  • 695 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 AM

Posted 02 May 2014 - 06:18 PM

No, Animal moved you to the branch of the forum that IS appropriate for your question...

You didn't really explain what your looking for or why? There are a few ways and many tools that will uninstall/remove applications from Android. You also have to know the difference between a system app and a user app. Another question that makes a difference is if your phone is rooted or not.

Are you trying to remove "bloatware", mixed apps, or a single app? Your phone should come with an application manager which will, in some cases, uninstall 3rd party apps, like from Google or other app sites. But it will not uninstall system apps and rarely remove prefered vendor apps...like Samsung or Google partners.

If you're rooted then you should already know most of this but assuming you're a noob look for Titanium Backup, SD Maid, or other tools like them. You can also use a file manager to uninstall apps, depending on who made it, but ones from the play store or the like will tell you if they have special tools or abilities.

And finally, search the web or google play...you'll find more answers much faster than ranomly posting on a forum.

regards,

Zen

#4 ricky212

ricky212
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:21 AM

Hello man, thanks for ur reply, I searched lot for uninstalling the app from my mobile and able to find few results.  My question is that  this way I know.    My app setting is locked by code of another app and want to unistall that app. Is there any another way for uninstalling.

Edited by ricky212, 03 May 2014 - 01:24 AM.

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 PM

Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:50 PM

Usually if you can't uninstall an app normally, there is an uninstall feature within the app itself. Since you don't say what app you have an issue with I can't be more specific. You might also look on Google Play or the app developers website for specific uninstall instructions.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 Zen Seeker

Zen Seeker

• Members
  • 695 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 AM

Posted 08 May 2014 - 01:17 AM

Some Dev's even give you an email address to contact them. I've reached out to a few over the years to help them out or trouble shoot a problem on a new device I have. As Animal pointed out you need to be far more specific about the application or APK and the issues your having. Being vague or unclear will slow down any reply or help you might get.

Think of it this way; If this was a car you brought in for repair all you have told us is that it makes a funny noise when you drive it.

Where do you think the noise is coming from? Is it only while driving or does it happen if the cars engine is running? Was anything changed, added, or damaged prior to the noise occuring?

The less we know the more time and effort it will take and some of us aren't able to help day after day so you could lose the opertunity.

#7 sajilv

sajilv

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:40 AM

try app manager.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users