Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I think my computer may be hijacked

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 fade2flames

fade2flames

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 AM

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:41 PM

It started with my web browsers opening tabs by themselves to random bad sites. Then my browser started getting the same ads on almost every website. Now being worried I reformatted my computer back to factory settings, but it was still happening. I ran avira, hitman pro, malwarebytes after reformat they picked up nothing.

I then made a topic in the malwarebytes forums and topic. The next day I notice I can no longer see or access the topic and my account pass seemed to have been changed. I also notice the email account I used said someone was trying to access my account and I had to go through a verification process, which has me waiting 30 days to recover my account.

Finally I am on an old computer and different router, since I have never had anything survive a reformat I'm quite worried, not only for my pc, but the information that may be vulnerable. Sorry for the long post, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

The PC uses windows 7.

Edited by fade2flames, 27 April 2014 - 09:47 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users