Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer running slower than a snail. A dead snail.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 linhay

linhay

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:38 PM

My Windows 7 Dell Latitude E5500 dinosaur laptop has slowed down a bit in her old age.  I'm not sure how to revive her, but I'm assuming she might have picked up a virus, the trollop.  Are there any good online cleaners, like CleanMyPC.com or something?  What would you all recommend?  It's getting really annoying and I want to smack her around a bit.  Please help prevent me from physically abusing my laptop.  The first step is acknowledging you have a problem, and we BOTH have a big problem, Houston.

Thanks.  (And btw, I'm not the most technologically savvy gal in the world, so you might have to dumb stuff down for me a bit.  At least until my teenage stepdaughter gets here to help...)

- L.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 czarboom

czarboom

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 AM

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:53 AM

Hey there, I had one of those a few yrs back.  If you think you might be infected we need to get you to the guys who know about this.  Please do the following:

Go to the malware forum on our site.  You do this by first going here, to read how to post and where, what and when. 

• Then follow the post link to post to our virus forum.
  • Please wait, do not do anything to your computer unless a forum, Malware expert, or Moderator tells you too.
  • They will make sure your computer has no virus, malware on it, and help you secure your computer.
  • Only work with one person at a time, DO NOT go to different sites and get help there too.

Good luck and please stick with the antivirus experts, they help a lot of people, and it can take a few days to get to you, but they are as good as it gets.

Good luck and I hope this helps you out.

CZARBOOM 

"Never Stop Asking Questions, Question Your Environment, Question Your Government, above all Question Yourself.  We all lose when you Stop asking Why?

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,878 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 AM

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:18 PM

You failed to respond to suggestions made by someone trying to assist in your previous topic, http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/516989/black-screen-blue-screen-bleh/#entry3229295 .

I'm curious if you ever resolved the issues stated in that topic...or is this just a continuation of a troubled system topic?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users