Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

internet exp

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kjbarry

kjbarry

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:04 PM

i keep getting ie keeps crashing i am useing 11 and windows 7 ie is not listed under programs or i would uninstall and reinstall what can i do

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:07:45 PM

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:30 PM

To uninstall IE 11:

IE 11 is not listed in the normal Programs and Features.

It's elsewhere within it and not difficult to find.

Open up Programs and Features.

After it loads look on the left side of the page and click View installed updates.

Let all the updates load, then scroll down to the Microsoft Windows section. Look through the list for Windows Internet Explorer 11. You can then uninstall.

If you have Windows Updates set to automatically install IE 11 will eventually reinstall. I suggest you change the update settings to Download updates but let me choose whether to install them.

You can then look at the list to see if IE 11 is listed when updates are available and choose NOT to install it.

You can also hide it so it will no longer be available as an update. To hide, you will have to watch for it to be available as an update. RIGHT click on the update, then choose Hide update. In order to do this you will have to disable automatic install of updates.

#3 kjbarry

kjbarry
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:03 AM

that seemed to have done it thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users