Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I phone 4

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:47 PM

I have an old I phone 4 that lately has sent me texts late. Worst has been 4 days old, and this is the original text not a repeat. Carrier is Verizon. I'm guessing this is a phone issue and not the carrier. Wife has a 5s and not problems. Any ideas?

Edit: Moved topic from Cell Phones to the more appropriate forum.~ Animal

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 AM

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:12 PM

I have an old I phone 4 that lately has sent me texts late. Worst has been 4 days old, and this is the original text not a repeat. Carrier is Verizon. I'm guessing this is a phone issue and not the carrier. Wife has a 5s and not problems. Any ideas?

Are you using iMessage? If so, were they actual texts (i.e. place where you type in your reply to the message says "Text Message" and your texts in the conversation will show up green) or iMessages (i.e. place where you type in your reply to the message says "iMessage" and your "texts" in the conversation show up blue)? If it is the former, then it could be an issue on Verizon's end and you should try calling them and asking them about it. If it is the latter, then it could be an issue on Apple's end (although it could be a data connection issue as well since iMessage uses your data connection).

Also, not that is should matter, but which version of iOS are you running on the iPhone?

#3 jburd1800

jburd1800
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:01 PM

I message is on, and these were originals that I sent and the reply was delayed. Phone has the current updates. Thanks

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#4 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:47 AM

I message is on, and these were originals that I sent and the reply was delayed. Phone has the current updates. Thanks

You did not answer if the messages were sent as actual text messages or as an iMessage (i.e. did you send to someone else with an iPhone or iPad or was it to someone with some non-Apple smartphone/cell phone).

#5 jburd1800

jburd1800
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:23 AM

Iphone to Iphone, all Imessage, and all delayed receiving on my phone.

#6 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:45 PM

Iphone to Iphone, all Imessage, and all delayed receiving on my phone.

Do you know if the reply from the other iPhone showed the message as "Sent", "Delivered", or "Read"?

(You will need to turn on Read Receipts under Messages settings if you don't already have it on and then do a test message again.)

#7 jburd1800

jburd1800
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:03 PM

Because this issue is hit and miss, called the carrier and they admitted the problem. Haven't had any delays for about a week..

Thanks for all your help. Hopefully this is solved. I'll let you know if it comes back...

#8 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:46 PM

Because this issue is hit and miss, called the carrier and they admitted the problem. Haven't had any delays for about a week..
Thanks for all your help. Hopefully this is solved. I'll let you know if it comes back...

Glad to hear you got it figured out.

#9 Jeroma11

Jeroma11

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:29 AM

For me this is the best Iphone!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users