Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Buggy Website Issues, crashing videos, etc.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 oxtheii

oxtheii

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 PM

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:20 PM

Hello again,

I have been having some issues with my computer, but it seems to be mostly with browsing the internet.

Netflix video crashes, certain videos don't load on pages (appear blank), when I use google shopping eBay is blocked. I am using Chrome and I have already cleared all history, cookies, and cache. I have used Adware, CCleaner, Malwarebytes, and my Avira antivirus. Malwarebytes seemed to pick up a few things, but there still are issues.

I've also noticed that when I play youtube videos they load and then stop in the middle of the video and then slowly finish, I have a fairly fast internet connection and it never used to do that. I'm not sure if that's just youtube or what.

Thanks for the help peeps.

Edited by hamluis, 28 April 2014 - 10:34 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,468 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:04 PM

If you have Comcast they had a recent outage in Washington State. Thieves cut down a large fiber optic line thinking it contained copper. It disrupted the entire network and routers are re-routing other places and it will probably take days to get them all reset and working properly again. Google search sometimes does or doesn't load, any video stream will be skippy or freeze and need to be reloaded. This is the sign and result of that.

#3 oxtheii

oxtheii
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 PM

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:58 PM

If you have Comcast they had a recent outage in Washington State. Thieves cut down a large fiber optic line thinking it contained copper. It disrupted the entire network and routers are re-routing other places and it will probably take days to get them all reset and working properly again. Google search sometimes does or doesn't load, any video stream will be skippy or freeze and need to be reloaded. This is the sign and result of that.

No this has been an ongoing issue for quite some time. Certain sites won't load that should, links are being blocked for no reason, videos crash, etc. I use Charter, but this issues has been going on longer than that because I used to have a different provider.

Google search does work, but certain links don't work. Especially the paid for ads that appear at the top of the list. 

Anyone else have an idea?

#4 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,468 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:34 AM

Some routers have firmware bugs that cause this. I have came across problems similar to what you have on numerous accasions. It looks as though the internet and ISP has packet losses when it infact it was the router causing it. I resolved it by saving the routers config.bin file, resetting the router to factory defaults, and then importing the config.bin file back in again. If you can upgrade the firmware for the router there might be a fix.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users