Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

what is MSVCR71.dll

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jeanie3

Jeanie3

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 PM

Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:36 PM

I was going to "review" a photo in MY pictures file, & message popped up saying MSVCR71.dll is missing. & it would not enlarge "preview"

how did  it become missing all on it's own & I don't even know what it is.

Thanks for any input

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,986 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 PM

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:07 PM

There seems to be multiple reasons for getting that error message. Below is a link that gives info

on those causes and how to repair. Seems quite comprehensive.

How To Fix Msvcr71.dll is Missing or Not Found Errors

It mentions malware as a possible cause. In most cases the user should be seeing other signs of malware. Such

as more ads, popups, excessive processing, slow/ or misdirected browsing, etc.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Jeanie3

Jeanie3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 PM

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:52 PM

What made it disappear & what is it actually?

I will try the link you gave me , but I have tried other links & Then I get to the part where they want your credit card #.

I shouldn't have to pay for something that I didn't get rid of

Thanks

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,986 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 PM

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:14 PM

Well, had you of read the info in the link first, you would of seen that it did not want you to get the file from anywhere but

its original source.

How To Fix Msvcr71.dll Errors

Important: Do not download msvcr71.dll from a "DLL download" website. There are many reasons why downloading a DLL file is a bad idea. If you need a copy of msvcr71.dll, it's best to obtain it from its original, legitimate source.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:55 PM

If you do a search for msvcr71.dll under windows start button you likely have several copies elsewhere. It could be calling the one from a certain directly like C:\Windows\SysWoW64 That might be the problem. Check if it's in that directory and if not copy one of the others into there. If that doesn't work then type in run regsvr32 msvcr71.dll might fix the registry corruption. If that doesn't work then try cmd.exe as administrator and type: SFC /Scannow. Also, try updating your windows OS from Microsoft's updates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users