I have a Dell Mini computer with Win 7 Starter. It's a great little machine but all of a sudden the touchpad stopped working. The computer was on and when I came back to it the touchpad would not respond.
* I rebooted but that did not resolve my issue.
* I did a hard reboot, unplugging and removing the battery while it was running and restarting but that did not affect my issue.
* I tried that Fn + F9 and Fn + F7 but that had no effect.
* I scanned with AVG but no virus was found.
* I scanned with Malwarebytes but no virus was found.
* I ran sfc /scannow but no missing or corrupt system files were found.
* I am using a usb mouse. I located the usb mouse in device manager but the touchpad was not there. I found the touchpad by clicking "show hidden devices". The touchpad has a yellow error notice on it.
* Windows could not find a better driver.
* I uninstalled the touchpad and rebooted and windows reinstalled it but it is still hidden in device manager, still has the same error notice and does not respond.