Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to open Excel

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tmc1175

tmc1175

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 AM

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:59 AM

I am receiving the following message when trying to open excel, what can I do to fix it:

"There was a problem sending the command to the program" error in Excel

Edited by hamluis, 27 April 2014 - 04:42 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Business Apps - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dls62

dls62

• Members
  • 623 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:04 PM

Hi,

This may be a DDE setting issue.  Have a look at this Microsoft support article and apply the fix in it.

#3 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 AM

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:28 PM

MS Office has a repair capability you can find in the Programs and Features applet of the Control Panel.  Look for the MS Office entry & click on it, then click on Change.  That will start an Office task with a REPAIR radio button.  Click on that and click on Continue.  Since you didn't say which version of Office you have, I'm using the Office 2007 version for reference.  If you have a different version, details may vary.

If the above doesn't work, you can always uninstall and reinstall Excel.

Good luck.

Edited by wpgwpg, 16 June 2014 - 02:29 PM.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users