Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Troubles booting Windows

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Seventy4

Seventy4

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:08 AM

Hey there everyone, so I have had this Windows 8 asus computer for about a year now, never had any big problems with it, I was on steam, I started dark souls, it started normally, then all of a sudden, the screen turned tealish and the speakers were making a screeching noise. The computer crashed

Now when it starts, displays the asus screen (where you can press f8 to go to bios) when I don't press f8, it brings me to the bios screen anyways, it will not start Windows up at all. I am not able to select C: drive from the bios

I was able to get a Windows 8 install onto a usb and it won't let me use any of the repair or install options on the disk, but when It asks me to find a recovery image, I am able to see all the files on my C: drive, I tried running chkdsk, and it didn't help either

If you have any ideas or suggestions, or maybe even know exactly what's wrong, please post, thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users