Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Right side of headphones isn't working. Pretty sure my PC is the cause.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 _Edvinas_

_Edvinas_

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:58 AM

Hi.

Yesterday, I wanted to listen to some msuic, but my headphones only played sound from the left ear. I tried plugging them into my phone, and the music played fine! So I came to the conclusion that my PC was the cause, but I have no idea what to do to fix that. Has anyone encountered a problem like this or knows how to fix it?Thank you!           

Edited by hamluis, 28 April 2014 - 12:58 PM.
Moved from XP to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 3,736 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:12 AM

Do you have both front and rear jacks, if so try the other jack.  If not it can be a job getting at the jack to possibly fix or replace.

If you don't stand for the flag then you will fall for anything!

#3 _Edvinas_

_Edvinas_
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:11 AM

I have both front and rear jacks, but I never used the front ones cause they don't even work (I plug in the headphones and the computer doesn't even know they're there).

#4 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 3,736 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:37 AM

Front probably never got hooked up to the board, look up your mother board it should have a provision to hook up front jack.  May be as simple finding the wire and putting it on the correct pins on the board.

#5 _Edvinas_

_Edvinas_
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:40 AM

Front probably never got hooked up to the board, look up your mother board it should have a provision to hook up front jack.  May be as simple finding the wire and putting it on the correct pins on the board.

Checked my motherboard, apparently it's a 775Dual-VSTA. I tried looking online to see if I could find instruction on hooking those front jacks up, but couldn't find any. Also, could the problem be software related? How could I check? I'm a bit scared to unscrew my PC and start doing stuff there, I'm not sure a 14 year old is qualified to do such a thing?

#6 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 3,736 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:37 AM

http://www.manualowl.com/m/ASRock/775Dual-VSTA/Manual/286752

Page 11  Item #24  you will see it marked as to its function, IMO the plugs are of and just inside the case.  Look for a set of wire coming out of the front panel, the push on connectors will have abbreviated makings.  The header #24 will have corresponding markings, maybr get a set of older eye balls on the issue.

Phil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users